Respected Contributor

Great Sunday Dinner.....Grilled Porterhouse Steak, and the works

What a lovely Sunday afternoon, and a great dInner grilled.

We grilled Black Angus Porterhouse Steak seasoned with fresh lemon juice, pepper, paprika, garlic salt and Greek oregano. (We salt the steak after grilling as to not dry out the meat prematurely).

I also prepared grilled baked potatoes with portebello mushrooms and gravy for the steak.

Also made a Greek Villager's Salad.

Yesterday I made a home made key lime pie using Nellie & Joe's key lime juice, and topped it off today with fresh whipped cream. The coffee was Starbuck's House Blend whole beans ground and brewed in our coffee maker and it was delicious. (I used the recipe on the N&J's key lime juice label, and as usual it was heavenly and delicious).

The DInner was delicious, and the dessert and coffee was the perfect ending to the lazy Sunday afternoon meal.

I hope everyone enjoys their Sunday evening dinner too.

Respected Contributor

Re: Great Sunday Dinner.....Grilled Porterhouse Steak, and the works

Can I come next time please? What's with the lemon juice on the steaks? Do you rub it on before cooking? Marinate with the seasonings? Like Greek lamb? Sounds interesting. Never heard of lemon on beef before.
Respected Contributor

Re: Great Sunday Dinner.....Grilled Porterhouse Steak, and the works

[ Edited ]

Hi kittyloo,

I wish I had taste o'vision, and if I did I would send you someSmiley Happy.

Lemon juice is from citrus and citrus provides a bright kick to everything you put it on.....then turn it over and repeat again, until it is cooked to our preference.

As far as putting it on steak it also is a great tenderizer if steaks are tough, but also delicious to just squeeze some lemon juice from a fresh lemon on to a steak no matter how you prepare it, grilled, smoked, broiled, or pan fried.

For the seasonings we just squeeze some lemon juice on the steak as it is grilling and also sprinkle the seasonings on.

Black Angus Porterhouse Steak is very tender as it is a Premium cut of high quality beef so no sitting in a marinade for that type of steak, but for lesser tender cuts you can use that as a marinade, season both sides and place in a zip lock bag overnight, then prepare the steak to your preference.

"The lemon juice is also a tenderizer, and will make any tough steak tender".

I hope you can also try preparing various foods with fresh juice from various citrus like lemons, limes, and oranges.