Honored Contributor

Re: Great Recipe for Puerto Rican Roast Pork making it later today

adore, the pork is marinading and depending how the day goes tomorrow I may cook it on Thursday or maybe Friday . . . like I said, I just wanted to get that marinade on it.  I didn't trust myself around all those new spices!

Respected Contributor

Those new spices smell incredible don't they mtc?

Thanks for the update, and I am sure when you do eat it, you will love it.

Happy cooking, and happy eating, my friend......and have a great week!

Honored Contributor

Actually adore, I am even more glad for your recipe as I just got through transfering my new purchases from their baggies into bottles and I was kind of underwhelmed with the lack of aroma/scent.  I will use at least one of them this next week and hopefully the flavor will be there.  I had a Groupon so I only paid less than $3 so I am not out a lot of money . . . just could be a little disappointing . . . Smiley Sad

Respected Contributor

mtc,

I hope you were not sold old spices mtc, because fresh ones smell really great.

I only buy from Pendry's on line and in person, and I buy in bulk. Have never ever been disappointed with any of their spices, or other products.

Unfortunately sometimes we live and learn...........and I would use Groupon too, but not for anything food related.

I hope the flavors are still in those spices, and the end result will still be delicious.

Keeping fingers crossed my friend, and I await your final update when you have made this recipeSmiley Happy.

Honored Contributor

I hope they are not old but again maybe I got what I paid for.  The Blood Orange Pepper tastes delicious so I think that one is a winner but the Cranberry Maple doesn't have much cranberry flavor (or maple really, it reminds me of bouillon).  I am hoping once the heat hits them they will improve.

Oh well, back to Penzy's I go!

Respected Contributor

I hope it all works out, and yes ya can't beat penzy's for freshness.

Honored Contributor

The pork roast came out great adore, the most juicy I have ever had!  What a great recipe, thank you again for posting it . . . Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Hi mtc.  So glad you enjoyed your Puerto Riacn Roast.  I don't make it now because we have a family owned restaurant available that serves it.  Definately one of my favorite meals!  Love Puerto Rican and Cuban food.  They differ very slightly; same basic flavors.  Try it with Black Beans and Yellow Rice.  Heaven on a plate!   Keep cooking!

Respected Contributor

Thanks for the update mtc, and from your wonderful reply I gather the spices used were fresh after all.............if these used on this recipe are the same spices you purchased with the Groupon coupon?

See mtc that is what good friends are for, and I am delighted you enjoyed everything!

Trusted Contributor

Yum!!  Adore always has the BEST recipes!  Smiley Happy