Esteemed Contributor

Good news about Kitchen Bouquet

For everyone concerned about the demise of Kitchen Bouquet, I think there's good news.  At least in my neck of the woods. 

Today my grocery store (a regional chain) had a freshly stocked shelf with probably 20 small bottles of Kitchen Bouquet.  I asked a nearby employee if it was being discontinued and she said that it wasn't, but that they had trouble getting it from Clorox for a while. 

Clorox! How could that be?  Turns out Clorox owns Hidden Valley, along with some other food companies.  Who knew!  Anyway, she said that the problem, whatever it was, is over.  I bought 3 more bottles, just in case, ha ha.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

Re: Good news about Kitchen Bouquet

Don't think I've ever used Kitchen Bouquet, but I did think it was a popular product.  I just don't cook that much.  I did look today where I thought it would be stocked when I was in the grocery store and I didn't see any, nor the chocolate graham crackers someone else mentioned.  I thought for sure Publix would at least have their own brand of them.  Nope.  

The Kitchen Bouquet thing sounds a lot like what happened with Grape Nuts and Marie Callender's Pub Style pot pies around the Covid timeframe.  Luckily, they're back in stock, but it seems the Fiber One Cheesecake bars have been MIA for quite some time although the Fiber One website still has them shown.  

Respected Contributor

Clorox who would have thunk it? No wonder I use Gravy Master. 😝 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I happen to be in the area of gravy and that kind of items this week at grocery store,honestly have not bought it in many years,did not know there was a problem in finding it.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

@goldensrbest 

There was a thread here a couple of days ago by @on it where she was informed that it was discontinued.  So who knows which of us was given the correct info.  But I do know that my store just received a full shipment because I saw it.

Esteemed Contributor

@KBEANS wrote:

Clorox who would have thunk it? No wonder I use Gravy Master. 😝 

@KBEANS 

LOL Kinda makes ya wonder, doesn't it!  But seriously, I googled it and Clorox apparently owns a number of companies that aren't cleaning products, HIdden Valley being one of them.  Hidden Valley makes Kitchen Bouquet.

Esteemed Contributor

@shoesnbags Thank you for the good news! We are still without, but hopefully it will appear on the shelves soon. I am sorry about the false alarm. We truly thought it was gone.

Honored Contributor

@shoesnbags, glad you were able to find it and stock up.

Respected Contributor

@On It wrote:

@shoesnbags Thank you for the good news! We are still without, but hopefully it will appear on the shelves soon. I am sorry about the false alarm. We truly thought it was gone.

@On It   Not sure if it would be regional but just looked on walmart.com and they have it Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@shoesnbags wrote:

For everyone concerned about the demise of Kitchen Bouquet, I think there's good news.  At least in my neck of the woods. 

Today my grocery store (a regional chain) had a freshly stocked shelf with probably 20 small bottles of Kitchen Bouquet.  I asked a nearby employee if it was being discontinued and she said that it wasn't, but that they had trouble getting it from Clorox for a while. 

Clorox! How could that be?  Turns out Clorox owns Hidden Valley, along with some other food companies.  Who knew!  Anyway, she said that the problem, whatever it was, is over.  I bought 3 more bottles, just in case, ha ha.

@shoesnbags @On It 

Do you use it for gravy only?  If I remember correctly friends a long time ago would brush Kitchen Bouquet on roasts.  And they also used Liquid Smoke.

I've always wanted to try either or both but have never used them.