Contributor
Does anyone have a good recipe for a cheese ball? I would imagine they aren't too complicated to make but would appreciate any tried and true recipes you may have. Thanks in advance.
Valued Contributor

Re: Good cheese ball recipe?

I always make a cheese ball with 2 8-oz cream cheese, 1 1/2 cup drained crushed pineapple, 3 tsp finely chopped onion, 1 tsp salt. I serve with Ritz Crackers. The recipe calls for finely chopped pecans but have not done that since some do not like nuts. I just mix it and put it in a bowl. Addicting!
Honored Contributor

I made this one the last time we had guests and they LOVED it! I didn't use the nuts because my husband doesn't like them and it was still delicious.

I'm making it again next week for a church brunch.

The Best Cheeseball
Rated:

Submitted By: Anita Moree Photo By: Tracy

Prep Time: 15 Minutes

Ready In: 15 Minutes Servings: 10

"Mexican specialties give this cheeseball a zesty new flavor--a nice cheese from the classic paprika-and-pecan standard."

INGREDIENTS:

2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened

3/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese 1/4 cup shredded pepperjack cheese

1/2 green bell pepper, minced

1 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt

DIRECTIONS:

1. In a medium bowl combine the cream cheese, Cheddar cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, green bell pepper, jalapeno pepper, Worcestershire sauce and garlic salt. Mix together and form mixture into a ball. Roll ball in cilantro and serve with your favorite crackers.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

I used to make a cheese ball with just shredded cheddar and mayo.

Valued Contributor

I've made many cheeseballs, and always get major compliments and requests for the recipe for this one. It is honestly my favorite.

2 - 8 oz. blocks of full fat cream cheese, softened

1/2 cup finely diced onion

1/4 cup finely diced green pepper

2 tsp. Season-All Seasoned Salt (I've used Lowry's too, but it wasn't nearly as good)

20 oz. can crushed pineapple in juice (NOT heavy syrup) - use name brand...makes a difference!

1 cup chopped pecans

Wheat thins or other favorite crackers

Mix everything except the pecans very well. Chill for 30 minutes or so in the fridge. Remove from fridge and roll into a ball. Roll in chopped pecans. Let it sit in fridge overnight for best results. This can be rolled into two smaller balls as well, but it may take a cup and a 1/2 of chopped pecans to get both of them covered.

Honored Contributor

Everything Bagel Cheeseball. Ingredients: one 8-ounce brick cream cheese, softened, 1/2 cup sour cream, 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish, 1 cup sharp New York cheddar, shredded, 2 scallions, chopped, 6 slices bacon, cooked and chopped, 1/4 cup dehydrated onion, 1/4 cup poppy seeds, 1/4 cup sesame seeds, 1/4 cup garlic flakes, Coarse sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper, Bagel chips, for serving. Preparation: In a bowl, mix together cream cheese, sour cream, horseradish, cheddar, scallions and bacon. Form the cheese mixture into a ball and wrap in plastic wrap to chill for at least 1 hour. In a small bowl, mix together the onion, poppy seeds, sesame seeds, garlic flakes, salt and pepper. Once cheeseball is set, roll the cheese ball in the everything bagel seasoning mix and plate with some bagel chips alongside. Also great on toasted bagels for breakfast!

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Super Contributor

This one is a hit whenever I take it to a dinner, potluck, etc. Best of all, there are only 4 ingredients.

1 block of cream cheese

1 small envelope of ranch dressing mix

1 small can of chicken (drained)

1 small packages of chopped pecans (or another nut if desired.)

Mix the cream cheese, ranch dressing mix and chicken together. Sometimes I just use 1/2 of the dressing envelope and that is plenty. Form into a ball. Roll the ball into the nuts to coat the outside. This is always a delicious treat!

Contributor

Oh man....all of these sound so good!!! Thank you, everyone! Something tells me I'll be making more than one. Smiley Happy
Super Contributor

This is a recipe for my uncle's cheeseball. Anytime there was a party or gathering people would ask him to make this and it was a big hit. It's a little on the pricey side to make because of all the cheese, but it's well worth it.

Cheeseball with Everything

2 cups shredded Swiss cheese

2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese

1 pkg (8oz) cream cheese

1/2 cup sour cream

1/2 cup finely chopped onion

1 jar (2oz) pimentos, diced

2 Tbsp sweet pickle relish

10 slices of bacon (cooked crisp), drained and crumbled

1/2 cup finely chopped pecans

1/4 cup finely chopped parsley

1 Tbsp poppy seed

Dash of salt & pepper

Mix all ingredients well, shape into a ball. Refrigerate for 30min - 1hr to firm up. Serve with assorted crackers.

Edited for typo

Honored Contributor

On 12/28/2014 NYC2AZ said: Oh man....all of these sound so good!!! Thank you, everyone! Something tells me I'll be making more than one. Smiley Happy
A great thread topic-thx for posting! I'm also taking notes ;-)

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri