Honored Contributor

Re: Going to make potato salad this week

I do put radishes in mine, great for color

celery

potatoes

eggs

mustard (something I changed with Poupon in it)

Mayonnaise, that's always personal preference on which one

salt and pepper

paprika on top.

Honored Contributor

I love homemade potato salad - the only kind I will eat.  If it's store bought I'm not having it.

Respected Contributor

I love potato salad!...Any kind!  The one I love most and make is my mom's.

Yellow potatoes, peeled and cut up. I add lots of egg, usually six, boiled with the potatoes that have been peeled and cut up( don't overcook potatoes or they get mushy and make the salad wet) To that, I add celery, onion and small piece of green pepper, all minced fine(don't like crunchy vegetables in this one). Next Hellman's mayo and French's mustard with s&p, enough to make it creamy. I mix the veggies, mayo, mustard and s&p in the bowl first then add the potatoes and chopped eggs. Slice an egg on top, sprinkle on some paprika and dried parsley.  Let sit for 4 hours or overnight. Looks pretty and taste great!😋

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Valued Contributor

I love potato salad, this recipe is my all time favorite.  Pressure cooking the potatoes and eggs at the same time speeds up the prep time.  I think separating the egg whites from the yolk (after cooking) and mixing the egg yolks and mayo together is what makes it soooo good and creamy.

Robin's Pressure Cooker Potato Salad

5 lbs red potatoes, peeled and 1-1/2 inch large dice
10 eggs, yolks and whites separated after pressure cooking
1 teaspoon salt, divided
3 green onions, sliced
1 Vidalia Onion, diced
2 Fresh Celery, diced (optional) I add it to give crunch
1 cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons diced sweet pickles
2 tablespoons pickle juice
1 tablespoon prepared mustard
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon celery seed

Directions

1-1/2 inch diced potatoes on rack/trivet/steam basket with 2 cups of water, add eggs on top of potatoes. 

Pressure cook for 6 minutes...

After 6 minutes, release pressure and test potatoes and egg for doneness.  Add more cooking time if needed
Separate Egg yolks from the whites

In a large bowl, stir together potato, diced egg whites, 1/2 t. salt, celery, Vidalia onion and green onions.

Using a fork, mash the yolks in a small bowl; add in remaining 1/2 t. salt, mayo, pickles, mustard, pepper, pickle juice and celery seed; stirring until well blended.

Gently fold yolk mixture into potato mixture; adjust seasoning to taste with salt and pepper.

Cover and chill 2 hours (it is even better if you can chill this overnight and serve the next day).

note...always adjust measurements to your taste.  If making a smaller batch adjust number of eggs and other ingredients!!!!

may good luck be your friend in whatever you do
and may trouble be always a stranger to you
Trusted Contributor

@qualitygal I cook the peeled and diced potatoes in a steamer basket set in my Instant Pot and nestle 4 eggs in the potatoes. It cooks for about 6 minutes, I think? When it comes out, I add some cooked macaroni and some Italian dressing into the potatoes after removing them from the pressure cooker so that the potatoes soak up the dressing. I put the potato salad together the next day after the potatoes have sat in the fridge overnight. I got the method of cooking the potatoes and eggs in the website Pressure Cooking Today and won't prepare potato salad any other way now because they both cook perfectly and easily.