Respected Contributor

Re: Gluten/Grain free Pumpkin Bread

@Laura14  I didn't know Almond flour was gluten free.  I made some cookies with with gluten free flour and Laura why was the dough metallic tasting.  It was horrid.  I always taste the chocolate chip cookie dough and it was terrible with the gluten free flour.  Can you help me?

Super Contributor

@Laura14 It was so yummy, moist and easy to make!  I was getting so bored with what I have been eating so this recipe came at the perfect time and I plan on making it a lot.  Thanks for sharing!

Honored Contributor

@bopper check the ingredients on your GF flour.  If it has beans or baking soda in it, that will do it.  I use bean flour for pizza or pretzels only because it does have a kick to it.

Respected Contributor

Laura thank you, I bought it from a food coop where you just put however you need into a plastic bag so I can't check the ingredients. It's a bulk store where you just put in bags what you want.  I thank you for telling me though, if I look in the stores I will look for that.

Making the bread now, I used the Ninja to make my own almond flour from slivered almonds I saw on hallmark channel.  It was not the consistency of flour though, you could see the tiny bits of almonds but I used it anyways, so we'll see if it actually bakes up.  If not I'll try doing my flour in the food processor.

Thank you for the recipe, i did use the coconut oil though and the honey.

Respected Contributor

Of course I just gave my hubby a slice and he doesn't like it, shocker there  LOL.  He doesn't like the texture or the "crunchy" things...  I like it a lot but can't eat a whole loaf myself.   I think I'll have to freeze half.  Have you tried freezing it?