Honored Contributor

Gluten/Grain free Pumpkin Bread

[ Edited ]

IMG_20181006_101710113.jpg

Baking fool this morning. 

I tried a pumpkin bread recipe made with almonds and pumpkin as the main ingredients.  Very moist and quite good.  I may try muffins next.

Honored Contributor

Re: Gluten/Grain free Pumpkin Bread

lol! "baking fool"Woman LOL-

It looks good and crunchy?

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Trusted Contributor

Do you have the recipe? I am looking for a gluten free pumpkin bread. That looks good!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yum I love pumpkin bread. Why did you post that? Now I NEED some. LOL!!!

I'm making a bbq peach pork tenderloin on the grill today. Making a pot roast tomorrow.

It suppose to start raining tonight & rain thru Tues.

I have to share the kitchen with DH as he wants to make some Chili & Gumbo or Jambalaya.

Honored Contributor

@on the bay  Not really.  Very moist.  I ground my own almonds which is why you see pieces of them in the bread but they are not big enough to crunch.  And yes I was whipping pans in and out of the oven for about 2 hours straight.  LOL

@Nightowlz  I hear such wonderful things about pork loin.  One of these days I'm going to try it!  Sounds so good!

Honored Contributor

@gabstoomuch  Here is the original recipe from wholestyle nutrition:

1 1/2 cup mashed pumpkin

3 large eggs

1 tbsp vanilla extract

1/4 cup honey

1/4 cup coconut oil

2 cups almond flour

1/2 tsp unrefined sea salt

1 tsp baking soda

1 tsp pumpkin pie spice

1 tsp cinnamon

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

2.  Mix pumpkin, eggs, vanilla, honey, and coconut oil together.

3.  Add almond flour, salt, cinnamon, pumpkin spice, and baking soda.  Mix well.

4.  Pour into 5 x 9 greased loaf pan.

5.  Bake 50 minutes.

6.  Allow to cool completely before serving.

Nutrition:  231.1 calories, 18.2g fat, 13.6g carbs, 6.9g protein  

I DID NOT follow this recipe.  I substituted olive oil because I hate coconut.  I also did ginger, nutmeg, and clove in place of pumpkin spice because I didn't have it.  I used medium eggs, pink himalayan salt instead of sea, and I used probably about half of the honey it called for because I try and minimize sugar when I can.

Still turned out moist and delicious and tastes just like pumpkin quick bread.  I'm going to do it again and make muffins at some point.   

Esteemed Contributor

@Laura14  Love the changes you made!! Thanks for the receipe, too. It's cold and rainy here and this sounds like the perfect thing to warm up the kitchen. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Super Contributor

@Laura14Thanks for sharing!  I may have to try to make it this weekend.  Glad it was still good cutting the honey in half because I like to limit my sugar too.

Super Contributor

I only had 3 eggs left that I needed for breakfast.  Problem solved!  I will have pumpkin bread for breakfast so it is in the oven now.  Can't wait to test it tonight but recipe states to cool before serving.  Doubt I can wait that long!  

Honored Contributor

Hope it turns out well @lizzys.  Made my second loaf this morning.