Honored Contributor

Re: Gluten Free - any suggestions for favorite recipes, blogs, etc?

I make these at Christmas  time and wrap up invididually in saran wrap so they keep fresh for a while.

Date and Nut Balls

2 sticks butter

1 1/2 cups sugar

1 lb. chopped dates

2 eggs, beaten well

1 tsp. Salt

1 tsp. Vanilla

4 1/2 cups Gluten-free Rice Krispies

1 bag coconut

Put butter, sugar and fates in a saucepan and cook for 2 minutes until sugar is smooth and incorporated.  Mixthe eggs, milk,salt and and vanilla and add to the cooked mixture and cook two more minutes.

In a large bowl,mix the pecans and Rice Krispies.  Pour cooked mixture over the pecans and arice akrispies and mix well.  Form into ballsamd roll into coconut and lay on  waxed paper.  Store covered tightly.  

Honored Contributor

@Knit-Chick  These are to die for.  I can't stop eating them.  I buy my almond paste on Amazon.  You local grocery store might have it.  You can buy these sold as gluten free cookies, but they are so expensive.  I make them much cheaper and have to hide them.  Everyone goes crazy for them.

i don't always drizzle with chocolate or decorate with sliced almonds.

3323A33F-5A6B-4FF1-B586-119D00F63010.jpeg

Trusted Contributor

@Carmie Thanks so much!  I very much appreciate you sharing your recipes.

Respected Contributor

@Carmie   I join with @Knit-Chick in thanking you posting these "tried and true" recipes of yours.  Can't wait to try them, especially the Italian Almond  Cookies.

Trusted Contributor

@Carmie   just circling back to thank you again for your recipes!  I made your date & nut balls and Italian Almond cookies.  My hubby loved the cookies and asked me to make them again Smiley Happy   thank you again.... this is all still a learning curve for me and I really appreciate you taking time to post your recipes and suggetions.

Honored Contributor

Gluten free flour...I do not have a gluten issue but wondering if I use the gluten free flour to bake with, does that lessen the caloric value as opposed to using 'regular all purpose flour'?

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Heres a good recipe and you can use your vitamix to make the oat flour.