Super Contributor

Gluten-Free Maple Pecan Shortbread Cookies

This was on Pinterest from King Arthur Flour, and I thought someone here may like it.  

Screen Shot 2019-08-12 at 1.02.23 PM.png

Here is the link to the recipe on their website; https://www.kingarthurflour.com/recipes/gluten-free-maple-pecan-shortbread-cookies-recipe 

Respected Contributor

Re: Gluten-Free Maple Pecan Shortbread Cookies

@Ane1Care  This sounds very yummy and different.  Am going to add it to my cookies repetoire.  Thank you for posting it and the link as well.

Trusted Contributor

@Ane1Care Thank you for sharing!  I'm always looking for new gluten free recipes, especially sweets!

Super Contributor

You're both welcome! 

A great "bread pudding" I make that is gluten-free, is, "Piña Cola Gluten-Free Yellow Cake Pudding". Though regular butter / yellow cake should work fine too. 

-1 (15oz can) Cream of Coconut, found in the mixers / booze section

-1 (14oz can) Condensed Milk

-1 (15oz can) Crushed Pineapple in 100% juice, drained & reserved

Whipped Cream

Shredded Coconut

Maraschino Cherries

Prepared Yellow Cake

Prepare a box of Gluten-Free Yellow Cake, just like normal. I use King Arthur. Let it cool enough to handle or if it's bought and is room temperature, that's fine too. Cube it. Sizes don't have to be exact. 

In a large bowl whisk:

-Milk

-Cream of Coconut----shake very well before opening the can as the oil will separate and float to the top----

Stir in the Pineapple, and cake. If you're using a cake larger than what a typical box cake yields, you may need to add the juice. If not, just drink it later. 

Refrigerate for an hour or overnight. Overnight allows the cake to absorb the "sauce". It will look like sticky bread pudding.

To serve, dish out into your bowl, and top with whipped cream, a sprinkle of coconut, and a cherry. You could add a splash of rum if you like. I'm "dry", so I can't say what it would taste like.  I just leave it in the big mixing bow, covered, and let folks serve themselves. It's cool and refreshing on a hot day, and great year around when you need to be "transported to the islands". Not super sweet, either. I mean, it is a dessert but, as far as desserts go, it's not sickeningly sweet after a small dish of it.