Respected Contributor
On 11/3/2014 JAMMA said:

Really quick and easy.

Ham Glaze

1 can (16 oz.) Oceanspray Cranberry Sauce

1/2 cup orange juice

1/2 Brown sugar

Heat and glaze ham 1/2 hr before done

Serve glaze on side when serving ham or pour over ham before serving.

Enjoy,

Jamma

Hi Jamma, & Thank You, Thank You, my sil, now gone, used a glaze w/cranberry sauce & it was delicious, could never get the recipe, now here it is! Pays to come on these forums

Respected Contributor
On 11/1/2014 Nightowlz said:

I use 1 cup or so packed brown sugar, 1/2 c or so honey & a couple tbls or so prepared mustard. I don't measure the ingredients. You could always add the cloves. We like to cook ours on the grill. Sometimes DH pours maple syrup all over it.

Smile

There is a recipe at What's Cooking In America using honey, brown sugar, cloves, pineapple slices, cherries, white wine, 7Up or ginger ale. Sounds good.

http://whatscookingamerica.net/Pork/HoneyGlazeHam.htm

That's the one I use, with the cloves in the diced ham fat. I never have found one I like better, though I've had root beer glaze, maple glaze. This one just cooks up so well. I rarely cook ham anymore as I'm single but when my husband and I entertained his family, this is the recipe we'd use. "Mom's Ham" it was called. (his mother's recipe.)

I'm looking for something to use on turkey ham. My best friend is married to an Indonesian and ham of pork is out. I'll have to experiment.

Trusted Contributor
On 11/3/2014 spix said:
On 11/3/2014 JAMMA said:

Really quick and easy.

Ham Glaze

1 can (16 oz.) Oceanspray Cranberry Sauce

1/2 cup orange juice

1/2 Brown sugar

Heat and glaze ham 1/2 hr before done

Serve glaze on side when serving ham or pour over ham before serving.

Enjoy,

Jamma

Hi Jamma, & Thank You, Thank You, my sil, now gone, used a glaze w/cranberry sauce & it was delicious, could never get the recipe, now here it is! Pays to come on these forums

Your very welcome spix ----meant to say----serve remaining glaze on the side
after you glaze it 1/2 hr. before done.

Jamma

Contributor
I use a combination of brown sugar,mustard,apple cider,spices you like to taste-fresh ground nutmeg,cinnamon, cloves,ginger or pumpkin pie spice and bourbon. The bourbon gives smokey flavor or you could add liquid smoke... I add until I like the taste
Regular Contributor

Todd Wilbur, who has many Copycat recipes, has one for the Honeybaked Ham glaze. It is good! I highly recommend it.

Honored Contributor
One of my favorites uses about 1/4 cup of molasses, a few tablespoons of honey, about 1/2 cup orange juice, a tablespoon brown sugar, a tablespoon of Dijon mustard and a teaspoon of black pepper. Simmer about 15 minutes to thicken, and brush liberally on ham during the last half hour of cooking.
Contributor

My fav ham glaze is the easiest.

Equal parts Heinz 57 sauce and honey.

I use 1 to 1 1/2 cup of each because we warm it and use it as a dipping sauce when served as well.

Sometimes I push whole cloves into the ham first, sometimes I don't. It's good both ways. I continually baste it as it's baking.

I'm tellin ya - it's addictive! So good!

Honored Contributor

At one time I had a great recipe for a bourbon glaze for ham, but I can't find it.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Valued Contributor

This always, always get outstanding reviews and requests for the recipe. Just too it to Bible Study brunch on Wed. Had all the ladies requesting the recipe. So simple, so good.

Awesome Baked Ham

15 lb. whole bone-in ham

1 lb. br. sugar

1/c yellow mustard

aluminum foil

Mix sugar & mustard till you have a thick paste.

Line baking pan with foil. Place ham on foil and spread paste on top and
sides.

Fold & seal foil

Do not open again till ham is done

Bake at 350 for 4 hours.

For 1/2 ham cut back baking time and paste recipe accordingly.

Honored Contributor
On 11/21/2014 Bungo said:

At one time I had a great recipe for a bourbon glaze for ham, but I can't find it.

Oh boy Bungo...you got me thinking...I found these on foodnetwork.com I think. One of them is going to be on my Christmas ham!

Bourbon Honey Ham Glaze

Ingredients

2/3 cup bourbon or whiskey
1 cup clover honey
1/3 cup molasses
1/2 cup 100 percent fruit orange marmalade
Nonstick cooking spray

Directions

In a medium saucepan, heat bourbon, honey, molasses, and marmalade over low heat for 15 minutes or until reduced by half, stirring occasionally. (When measuring honey and molasses, spray measuring cup with nonstick cooking spray to keep measurements accurate.)

Spread half of the bourbon glaze over the ham and roast for 30 minutes, uncovered. Baste occasionally with remaining glaze and continue to roast for another 15 minutes.

BOURBON HAM GLAZE

1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar

1/2 cup honey

1/2 cup bourbon

1/3 cup Creole mustard

1/3 cup molasses

Stir together brown sugar and next 4 ingredients; spoon over ham.