Honored Contributor

I've been making a lot of iced tea this week, and the last few times I sliced up some fresh ginger to steep along with the tea bags. Anyway it was really good and refreshing, especially with a squeeze of lemon. I just love ginger. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

Re: Ginger Lovers

[ Edited ]

@QVCkitty1 - If you like ginger, you might like one of my trusted meals from Japan - Ginger Pork. There's no recipe - we just kind of make it. DH does the cooking of the marinated pork! 

Slice boneless pork, or pork tenderloin (which we usually use), and put it in a bowl. Take about 1/2 knob of fresh ginger, peel it, and mince it (I use a small grater and do this right on top of the meat). Pour about 1/4 to 1/2 bottle Japanese style soy sauce (Chinese style is too bitter; I use Kikkoman low salt) until the meat is about 3/4 covered. Mix together with your hands. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate about one hour. Heat a wok or frying pan and add a little oil. Take some pieces of meat - a few at at time- and cook them until they are done. Do this in batches until all of the meat is done. Serve over - or with -  rice. Delicious!

Sorry I couldn't be more specific. I've been making this since I taught in Japan. There are not many ingredients - I don't use salt, pepper, or anything besides the ginger root. It's easy and it's good! 

I love ginger too! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

@QVCkitty1 - If you like ginger, you might like one of my trusted meals from Japan - Ginger Pork. There's no recipe - we just kind of make it. DH does the cooking of the marinated pork! 

Slice boneless pork, or pork tenderloin (which we usually use), and put it in a bowl. Take about 1/2 knob of fresh ginger, peel it, and mince it (I use a small grater and do this right on top of the meat). Pour about 1/4 to 1/2 bottle Japanese style soy sauce (Chinese style is too bitter; I use Kikkoman low salt) until the meat is about 3/4 covered. Mix together with your hands. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate about one hour. Heat a wok or frying pan and add a little oil. Take some pieces of meat - a few at at time- and cook them until they are done. Do this in batches until all of the meat is done. Serve over rice. Delicious!

Sorry I couldn't be more specific. I've been making this since I taught in Japan. There are not many ingredients - I don't use salt, pepper, or anything besides the ginger root. It's easy and it's good! 

I love ginger too! Smiley Happy

@beach-mom , Thanks for the tip, I cook with few specifics too. I will definitely try this .

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@beach-mom , Thanks for the tip, I cook with few specifics too. I will definitely try this .

@QVCkitty1 - I hope you like it! The last time I was out before all of this hit  hard I tried to get some tenderloins to make it. They were all out of anything meat. Smiley Sad

Respected Contributor

Yummmmm that sounds good. Thanks for the tip...

Trusted Contributor

@QVCkitty1 ,@beachmom

We love ginger and these recipes look like something we would both love. Thanks for sharing!

Valued Contributor

I like genger.

I have a tea thathas lemon and ginger and honey and it is tasty.

Ginger is supposed to be good for you and be an anti -inflammatory.