Honored Contributor

Gigi Hadid's Pasta Recipe (A Tik-Tok Sensation!)

Model, fashion-icon, new mom, and now Instagram chef?? Gigi Hadid just keeps giving us more reasons to be in awe of her. Back in early quarantine, Hadid shared a recipe on her Instagram stories for a homemade spicy vodka pasta sauce, and since it dropped, fans have been making it all. over. the internet—most commonly on Tik-Tok

But who can blame them? Not only did this pasta look delicious, it’s made with inexpensive, easy-to-find ingredients that you probably already have without needing to run to the store. Hadid even offered up ingredient substitutions (like red onion instead of shallots) in case you’re shorthanded. And here’s the real kicker: It only takes 20 minutes.

bed405ab0798fd7731bcf56d47e6a0ad (1).jpg

Screenshot_2020-10-24-14-52-40.png

After seeing this recipe recreated on multiple, multiple accounts, I figured I had enough of a grasp to try it myself. I followed the steps in this order (also, props to Gigi for including exact measurements so you can follow her instructions to a T):

1. Heat ¼ cup of olive oil in a saucepan. Add a small clove of diced garlic and ¼ of a shallot, chopped. Cook until soft.

2. Add ¼ cup of tomato paste and cook until darker and slightly caramelized.

3. Add 1 tbsp of vodka and stir until evaporated (until you can no longer smell alcohol).

4. Stir in ½ cup heavy cream and 1 tsp chili flakes (more if you like it hotter).

5. Stir until combined. Add in salt and pepper, then remove from heat.

6. Cook about 2 cups of pasta in salted water in a separate pot using package instructions. Reserve ¼ cup of pasta water.

7. Drain pasta and transfer to sauce, stirring to coat. Add in ¼ cup of reserved pasta water and 1 tbsp butter.

8. Stir in ¼ cup parmesan cheese.

9. Top with even more cheese and chopped basil.

Okay, YUM.

This dish was creamy, creamy, comforting, and oh yeah, it packed some heat. I truly could not believe this restaurant-quality pasta came out of my very own kitchen. Plus it serves enough for two, so you get to impress a friend or partner with your newfound saucier skills.

A few notes if you’re giving this dish a try tonight:

• The sauce doesn’t look like it wants to combine at first, but give it time and and some generous stirring and it’ll reach saucy perfection.

• You can totally leave out the vodka.

• I used orecchiette pasta, but you can use whatever shape your heart 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: Gigi Hadid's Pasta Recipe (A Tik-Tok Sensation!)

Thanks for this recipe.  It sounds simple and quick.  Will try it soon.

Honored Contributor

I have no idea who she is and I am not "in awe" of any celebrity!

Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

I have no idea who she is and I am not "in awe" of any celebrity!

So what! Who cares!

I posted the recipe for those interested in an easy pasta recipe that I read on a blog. Guess you missed the point,  jeez Woman Tongue

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Valued Contributor

It looks delicious, thank you for sharng! I love having quick recipes with ingredients I typically have (for the nights that I need something easy). I'll be making this soon!

Valued Contributor

I've tried this and its delicious!

Honored Contributor

@LoLa wrote:

I've tried this and its delicious!

@LoLa  - yes, this sauce is yummy and super easy!