Esteemed Contributor

We went out to brunch at Salty's on the Columbia River yesterday for a one week delayed 49th anniversay brunch.  We were both pleasantly surprised to realized that it's Dungeness Crab season!

I should know better, having grown up on it in S.F., so we both sat down to plates full of it.  So glad we didn't miss it.  Must check Costso this week and bring some home for a grand salad.

Have a wonderful week!

Respected Contributor

Re: Get Your Dungeness Crab!

@sfnative ~ How wonderful!  Happy (belated) 49th Anniversay to you both.  What a great surprise to have a delicious Dungeness Crab brunch, along with a view of the Columbia River!  Wishing you many happy returns of the day😊

Honored Contributor

I love Dungeness crab.  I'd love to be where i could go out and order some.  My sister and I went on an Alaskan cruise on a smaller boat in 1992.  They served Dungeness crab for dinner one night.  First time we'd ever had it.  All the diners finished their dinners with dessert, and the two of us sat and ate crab.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Dungeness crab is my fav!!  Glad I live where it is readily available.  

Of course there is always a trade off - I have pay a lot to have Maine lobster shipped to my house!