Esteemed Contributor

Georgia's Cranberry Chicken from Tampa Cake Girl

[ Edited ]

I made this for dinner over the weekend and it was real winner in my home.  If you are looking for something different for dinner and like chicken, you might enjoy this.

1 can cranberry sauce, preferably whole berries

1 envelope Lipton Onion Soup Mix

1 8-oz bottle or French or Russian Dressing (I used some type of French or maybe Catalina--not sure)  Cyndee, who is Tampa Cake Girl, uses Deluxe French.

2 pounds of chicken thighs or breasts (I used only two large chicken breasts (cutlets).

In a large bowl, whisk cranberry sauce, onion soup mix and dressing together. Place chicken in a 9 x 9 pan. You might want to use a 13 x 9 pan if you use chicken thighs. Pour the cranberry mixture over the chicken and cover tightly with foil (I used my LeCreuset instead). Place in refrigerator for 24 hours.

Bake covered at 250 degrees for 2 hours or until sauce is hot and bubbly. After 2 hours, the chicken was at 165 degrees, which is perfect. 

The sauce is delicious, not too sweet and has a great tang. The sauce is excellent on the chicken and mashed potatoes. I poured some over my rice. This is a delicious family recipe and perfect if you are entertaining company. Enjoy!

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Georgia's Cranberry Chicken from Tampa Cake Girl

This is an excellent recipe. I've made it in the past, but somehow forgot about it. The whole berry cranberry sauce really takes it to the next level! Thanks for posting it....I'm going to make it this week since I have all the ingredients!

Frequent Contributor

I love this recipe with a turkey breast in the crock pot.   Wonder how it would do in the insta-pot?

Honored Contributor

Sounds really good and easy too.  Definitely one to keep on file.  Thanks for posting.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Works great with Turkey breast and rice too.

Valued Contributor

Thank you for the recipe. It sounds delicious and I'm always looking for new chicken recipes.

Trusted Contributor

This sounds really great!

Thanks for posting this, and for sharing it with us. Smiley Happy

I love easy recipes like this.

I wish that I was creative like this, and could just think of putting stuff together like this.

Anyway, I think that using turkey with these ingredients is also a great idea, too. I'll have to also give that a try! Smiley Happy