Respected Contributor

Re: Gelato Recipes for 1.5 pint Cooks Essentials Thermo Electric Ice Cream Maker

Thanks @Nightowlz! Will do!

Hugs,

Poodlepet2

Respected Contributor

Re: Gelato Recipes for 1.5 pint Cooks Essentials Thermo Electric Ice Cream Maker

[ Edited ]

Made banana gelato today. Oh my goodness!!! I made the vanilla milk gelato recipe, the one with egg yolks, chilled it overnight. Today I pureed 3 bananas with 1 teaspoon lemon juice together.  I added this to the chilled vanilla milk gelato. It took 3 makings to get it all made. It was so good. 😊 😊 😊 

Respected Contributor

I love this little machine! Yes, I could freeze my non-dairy milks and flavorings in ice cube trays and make frozen concoctions in my Vitamix or Ninja, but on a whim I can make instant soft-serve desserts-that I can eat immediately!

My biggest problem is that low-fat, non-sugar concoctions freeze as hard as a rock: I have read the food science stuff about the role of fat and sugar in making the real deal.

I made a batch of frozen dessert this weekend using 2 cups of almond milk (30 calories per cup) and Jello sugar free instant pudding plus 1/2 teaspoon of konjac (glucomannon). It was great as a pudding-and it was great as fresh soft serve. I added 3 TB of Vodka, but that did nothing in terms of preventing rock hard freezing....maybe I should have used more-but in my book, while this was reduced calorie, that's about it....instant sugar free pudding has a lot of stuff I don't want like lactose, aspartame and modified starches. I probably would have been better off using full-fat almond milk BUT, this is a great little machine for making instant soft serve and experimenting!

Poodlepet2

Respected Contributor

It was my Moms 88th birthday August 13th, so I made her some Banana Gelato. She loved it.  Smiley HappySmiley HappySmiley Happy