Respected Contributor

Fruitcake Recipe for @Tgbtg

[ Edited ]

@Ainhisg These pictures of my fruitcake recipe should be easier to read!  From my 1974 Better Homes and Gardens cookbook.  I add a container of candied cherries, too. Sometimes a mix of red and green ones, as the colors are so pretty!

This recipe makes one regular loaf pan and two of the mini loaf pans (I use two out of the set of 4 Temptations holiday mini loaf pans.  I do lightly spray the pans and then add parchment paper. Easy to get them out of the pans.

Hope they turn out great for you!  Have a wonderful holiday season!  (Edit....the directions posted first, instead of after the ingredients!).

8B489A2A-9033-43C7-9D40-F3C631418636.jpegDFA511D8-9C0A-4668-81FB-346247D1C3FF.jpeg

Respected Contributor

Re: Fruitcake Recipe for @Tgbtg

@alicedee , thank you so much!  I have taken screen shots of your photos and really appreciate you taking the time and effort to do this for me.  Like I said, I've made two different kinds so far, and it is fun!  I will enjoy trying yours!  Holiday blessings to you and yours!

Respected Contributor

@Ainhisg wrote:

@alicedee , thank you so much!  I have taken screen shots of your photos and really appreciate you taking the time and effort to do this for me.  Like I said, I've made two different kinds so far, and it is fun!  I will enjoy trying yours!  Holiday blessings to you and yours!

I was happy to do it!  Have a great day!

Respected Contributor

@Ainhisg Here is a photo...I just cut a slice!

25669C58-15B2-4EB6-9D40-71A3AFBE943C.jpeg

Contributor

Thank you for posting the recipe!  I've never craved fruitcake until this year (go figure).  I ended up buying Claxton's, but I would much rather prefer to make my own.  Where did you purchase the candied fruit?  Is that normally at the supermarket?  Your cake looks delicious and I love the addition of the cherries.

Respected Contributor

@Sju wrote:

Thank you for posting the recipe!  I've never craved fruitcake until this year (go figure).  I ended up buying Claxton's, but I would much rather prefer to make my own.  Where did you purchase the candied fruit?  Is that normally at the supermarket?  Your cake looks delicious and I love the addition of the cherries.

I usually buy candied fruit at Kroger, but didn't see any this year.  I ordered a pound bag from nuts.com and it was very nice quality.

Honored Contributor

@alicedee It looks just like our fruitcakes!  Ours came from a 1972 Betty Crocker cookbook and also has orange juice and molasses in it.  Very similar I think!

We have modified to include the fruit we like.

We also make them early and douse them in Grand Marnier--a few times--to let them get good and fruit cake-like for the holidays.  And they keep a long time in the fridge and get better with more "moisture" added! Woman Very Happy

Respected Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@alicedee It looks just like our fruitcakes!  Ours came from a 1972 Betty Crocker cookbook and also has orange juice and molasses in it.  Very similar I think!

We have modified to include the fruit we like.

We also make them early and douse them in Grand Marnier--a few times--to let them get good and fruit cake-like for the holidays.  And they keep a long time in the fridge and get better with more "moisture" added! Woman Very Happy

Our recipes DO sound alike!  I have never added the booze....I prefer to drink mine, and have the cake separately lol!  It's fun to see different variations.  I have ordered fruitcake from Collin Street Bakery in the past, also...theirs is quite tasty!