Esteemed Contributor

Re: Fruit is on It's Way. Make a Custard Fruit Pie!

On 4/24/2014 DiamondGirly said:
On 4/23/2014 Britbrit13 said:

DiAnne,I used raspberries,it was Delicious! I first sampled this pie in California at the fruit yard in Waterford!!I was looking for the recipe and could not find it, it was so good and then I came on here one day and here it was..I loved it..I was so happy to find the recipe,,let me know if you make it and how it turned out for you!! and what kind of fruit you used!!

Britt

sfnative - you are so kind to share your bakery recipes and family recipes, and I thank you for that!! This sounds so good!

Britbrit13 - I live about 25 miles from Waterford! Were you there for a wedding? I know they have weddings there, but I have never been there! I think I need to go check it out for maybe lunch, sometime! You were so close!!

DiamondGirly,

You are so very welcome. I cannot wait to make my Aunt Margaret's pie with respberries, as we're now getting decent ones in the markets here in Portland. They're on my shopping list for next week. When/if you make the pie, let us know what kind of fruit you used and the results. Thanks!

Valued Contributor

On 4/25/2014 DiamondGirly said:
On 4/24/2014 Britbrit13 said:

Diamond,

My family all live there, I was on vacation. i make lots of trips there, my SIL is here right now until Friday{#emotions_dlg.sad} i already miss her!! My DB will be here to get her on Friday! Its my home town Smiley Happy The lady that works there makes lots of yummy pies!!! Britt

Wow, Britt...amazing how you grew up so close to me! I am just North of Modesto/Ripon. If you are ever in the area for an extended time where you can spare some time away from your family for a bit, we could meet for lunch (well, you could bring your family, too...ha)....maybe we could go to the Fruit Yard to eat! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

DiamondGirly, Very cool ha, Have you ever been to Waterford auto and truck?? I am going for the 4th I think, we might drive for the weekend my family does a huge 4th with lots of Filipino food!!My SIL makes the best egg rolls!!I have learned so much about ther food and how they cook it Smiley Happy and fireworks!! Its lots of fun!! My DB just left here , he wanted to take our rain with him .Ha There is such a drought there, he has cattle to feed!! Its so beautiful in Oregon!!!

Id love to have lunch with you, it would be fun!! Well go to the fruit yard and have some of there wonderful pie..My daughter might do her internship for culinary school in Cali!!! Or New York! Oh and i have family that live in Ripon!! Better go, its been a very long week!! Britt

Valued Contributor

I am making this again, its just delicious!! Thank you so much for this wonderful recipe..I used about 1/2 cup to 3/3 cup black berries, Yummy!1

Brittany

Esteemed Contributor

On 5/26/2014 Britbrit13 said:

I am making this again, its just delicious!! Thank you so much for this wonderful recipe..I used about 1/2 cup to 3/3 cup black berries, Yummy!1

Brittany

Brit,

Where did you get your blackberries? My bushes aren't giving me fruit yet and the blackberries DH purchased at Fred Meyer were sour : (

Thanks - Rebecca

Super Contributor

I am loving the sound of this pie. I will use raspberries I think. love pie. thanks for revitalizing this recipe.

Honored Contributor

Sounds so good. I want to make it with fresh peaches.

Trusted Contributor

Thanks for the recipe. I just made it with rhubarb and needed to cook it 45 min. due to the amount of water in the fruit. So far it has not been tasted but it looks beautiful.

Trusted Contributor

Sounds wonderful.  I can't wait to try it.  Thanks for sharing.

Boop

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

OOOOh!  Got me some fresh strawberries that have been BEGGING to be coupled with something different before they soften up, @sfnative !Woman Wink I'll thank you for the recipe on their behalf!  Custard with anything is just the ticket in my book!  Boysenberries are a favorite here...especially in a cobbler recipe.  Think that may be my next pick. Woman Happy

A Dimitri Dazzler. Need I say More?