The ingredient list doesn’t list the lemonade drink mix. How much do you use?
Respected Contributor

Re: Frozen rose lemonade

[ Edited ]

@sunnypdx It looks like the recipe uses fresh lemons in the recipe instead of a lemonade drink mix. 

Edited to add:. I do now see the written instructions say to add lemonade drink mix. I would think the lemons, sugar, water and zest would be sufficient. 

Frozen Rosé Lemonade

David Venable

Prep Time: 10 minutes

Serves: 4

Ingredients
  • 2-1/2 cup rosé wine
  • 2 lemons
  • 1-1/4 cup sugar
  • 2/3 cup water
  • 1-1/4 cup ice
  • Basil, lemon slices, or berries for garnish
Preparation

Pour the wine into a wide, shallow container like a roasting pan or casserole dish. Freeze for at least three hours. The rosé will never freeze totally solid but is ready to use when it is the texture of shaved ice.

Using a vegetable peeler, peel the zest off the lemons in strips, leaving the white pith behind.

Squeeze the juice of each lemon into a small saucepan and add the lemonade drink mix, sugar, and water. Stir and place on the stove over medium heat and bring to a boil to dissolve the sugar.

Turn off the heat and transfer syrup to a lidded container.

Cover and set aside to cool completely. Strain the syrup into a blender. Break up the frozen rosé with a metal spoon and add to the blender along with the ice. Blend on high for about a minute, or until the mixture is thick and smooth. Pour into glasses and garnish with fresh basil sprigs, lemon slices, or berries.

Respected Contributor

@itsmagic  @sunnypdx  Boy, does that seem good for a hot day like today!  Thank you!  🍹

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Trusted Contributor

Re: Frozen rose lemonade

[ Edited ]

@sunnypdx   If you can find a video of last nights show, he added actual lemonade mix but I didn't catch how much. Hopefully someone can ask him on Facebook and I'm sure he will correct the recipe.  Several posters were asking the same question yesterday.

Edited:  I went to his Facebook page but he doesn''t say how much lemonade mix, but it is definitely a separate ingredient.