Esteemed Contributor

@butterfly123, well this recipe sounded this same, but it is not. Because my recipe said to dip the tomatoes in milk, dredge in flour/corn meal mixture. The recipe you posted makes a batter, so thank you! Now, I just have to wait till I get tomatoes on the vines! I'm so excited! I bet it will work.

And if that doesn't work, I guess I could order the mix from the whistle stop cafe website. Thank you so much!

Have a good evening!

Esteemed Contributor

@gmkb, thank you. I will remember this about the buttermilk- its a good tip.

Honored Contributor

@happycat wrote:

@chickenbutt, that is so neat that you got to go to those things....especially the fireplaceo- wow! Now I'm wanting to watch the movie and I don't own it.

The Lenox s & p sound like a great keepsake. I'm glad you got to do those things and I hope you always have those memories too. Both those trips sound really cool, and make me want to take a road trip myself....and I doubt that happens any times soon...so thank you for telling me about yours.

Have a good nightSmiley Happy

You are very kind.  Thank You!  Smiley Happy

I hadn't thought about it much, but being that I live out west (west coast adjacent), I never would have gotten to see all those places from Fried Green Tomatoes OR Graceland, but for the fact that my father had moved out there and invited me to visit, and he took me to those places.

It's kind of cool, even though I was a mature adult by then.   I will go on, from here, with full appreciation of that and I thank YOU for bringing that out in me.  I'm not good at family stuff, due to my upbringing, so some things may have eluded me over the decades.

Respected Contributor

Refrigerate for at least 30-35- minutes and that will seal the breading, and that works and should be done for everything breaded to keep the breading in place.

Respected Contributor

Our grocery store sell green tomatoes. Just in case you want them now.Most store i believe have them in their produce department, or side market in the summer. Oh how I miss going cmaping I would buy them at side markets and take them to my camp spot.every year. Deli ious !!

Respected Contributor

Great idea about the rack, other wise the breading sometimes gets gooy, it depends on temperature of your kitchen also. That why I put mine in the frig for a half-hour to forty five minutes before frying.

Respected Contributor

Great idea about the rack, other wise the breading sometimes gets gooy, it depends on temperature of your kitchen also. That why I put mine in the frig for a half-hour to forty five minutes before frying.