Valued Contributor

Still looking for the perfect treat to bake for your Valentine? Our French Chocolate Silk Pie is sure to impress: http://bit.ly/1cqmQEA

French Silk Chocolate Pie
(recipe source: cookscountry.com)

This is such a wonderful quick and easy recipe for French Silk Chocolate Pie. It truly comes out perfect every time. I like to make it the day before we need it. Happy Valentine's Day!

cup heavy cream, chilled
large eggs
3/4
cup sugar
tablespoons water
ounces bittersweet chocolate, melted and cooled
tablespoon pure vanilla extract
tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch pieces and softened
(9-inch) pie shell, baked and cooled

Instructions

1. Whip cream: With electric mixer on medium-high speed, whip cream to stiff peaks, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer whipped cream to small bowl and refrigerate.

2. Beat eggs: Combine eggs, sugar, and water in large heatproof bowl set over medium saucepan filled with 1/2 inch barely simmering water (don’t let bowl touch water). With electric mixer on medium speed, beat until egg mixture is thickened and registers 160 degrees, 7 to 10 minutes. Remove bowl from heat and continue to beat egg mixture until fluffy and cooled to room temperature, about 8 minutes.

3. Beat, fold, cool: Add chocolate and vanilla to cool egg mixture and beat until incorporated. Beat in butter, a few pieces at a time, until well combined. Using spatula, fold in whipped cream until no streaks of white remain. Scrape filling into pie shell and refrigerate until set, at least 3 hours and up to 24 hours.

Serves 8-10.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: French Silk Chocolate Pie

Thank you, Lola! I adore this pie and will make it this weekend!

Honored Contributor

Thanks for sharing. Love chocolate pie. Homemade always tastes so much better then boxed chocolate pudding mix.

Valued Contributor

Hi sfnative... You are very welcome! It's one of my favorites too. Plus, Cooks County / America's Test Kitchen is such a reputable source for recipes. This is is GREAT! Enjoy!

Hi Nightowlz.. You are quite welcome! I do too. I couldn't agree more. This one is really good. I hope that you'll love it.

Have a great day,

LoLa

Super Contributor

Thanks for sharing!

Valued Contributor

Rocketmom... You are very welcome!