Honored Contributor

Found An Awesome Spice Shaker!

Love this combination!  They were putting one of these combinations in virgin olive oil and serving it on pieces of sour dough one day at the grocery store!  Great on fish and chicken, or sauteed vegies!

Rosemary and garlic, roasted garlic and cheese, sundried tomato and basil, garlic and tomato combinations.

Image result for Delallo dipping spice shaker

Honored Contributor

Re: Found An Awesome Spice Shaker!

You must live near Pittsburgh - Delallos is a local store there, in Jeanette,Pa.Anyway, I buy those spice shakers to make seasoned oils for dipping bread when I make pasta for company. A very nice appetizer. Delallos also sells great Italian breads , and just about all Italian foods. We shop there at least once or twice every summer as it is on our way to go visit my cousin.

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

You must live near Pittsburgh - Delallos is a local store there, in Jeanette,Pa.Anyway, I buy those spice shakers to make seasoned oils for dipping bread when I make pasta for company. A very nice appetizer. Delallos also sells great Italian breads , and just about all Italian foods. We shop there at least once or twice every summer as it is on our way to go visit my cousin.

@151949,Actually, I'm in WNC but I WISH i had that store having taught Foods and Advanced Foods.

Image result for western nc in the spring

Honored Contributor

I could easily spend all day in that store. The bakery alone is delightful - then they have prepared foods, all the spices section, and the Italian grocery section. My DH thinks their lunch meats - many of which are seasoned - are just too good to be true. Before marrying me my DH had never eaten any authentic Italian food, now he tells everyone he did not know what he was missing. I prefer to cook Italian style most of the time so when I go to Delallos I come away with heavy bags and a light wallet. 

Oh the cheeses- did I mention cheeses?

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

I could easily spend all day in that store. The bakery alone is delightful - then they have prepared foods, all the spices section, and the Italian grocery section. My DH thinks their lunch meats - many of which are seasoned - are just too good to be true. Before marrying me my DH had never eaten any authentic Italian food, now he tells everyone he did not know what he was missing. I prefer to cook Italian style most of the time so when I go to Delallos I come away with heavy bags and a light wallet. 

Oh the cheeses- did I mention cheeses?

@151949,That store alone would be worth a long trip! Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

Neat.....i have never seen anything like that and I shop in Penskeys regularly

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LexPex, I got it in our local grocery and just found them on Amazon sold seperately if you'd like one.

Super Contributor

My local Wegmans have been selling this product or a similar one for several years.  I love it.

Honored Contributor

WOW some of those prices at Amazon - holy cow $299. I pay about $5 for one of these at the store and no shipping.

Honored Contributor

BTW - I really like the sundried tomato one for dipping bread in oil.