Honored Contributor

Re: Forever in search of the perfect chocolate cake batter recipe.

I've always like the one on the bar of German chocolate

Respected Contributor

im not a huge chocolate cake fan but the chocolate cake mix on the hersheys can i love. . its the only chocolate cake i like.one of the ingredients is boiling water you add after batter is mixed then you mix again with the boling water. the cake is so moist

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Speaking of "flourless" and "chocolate," I made these for my mother once because she is lactose intolerant so there is no butter or milk in these.

Let's just say, my mother was lucky she got to eat one of them.

Flourless Chocolate Walnut Cookies

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/flourless-chocolate-walnut-cookies-350890

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

YUM!!! My birthday is Mon so I emailed this recipe to DH. LOL!!! He came home from work & said someone sent him a chocolate cake recipe. I said I did so you could make it for me for my birthday. We will see what happens. He has a 3 day weekend coming up so he has plenty of time. His birthday was last friday so I made him Chocolate Goodie since that's what he wanted.

Valued Contributor

I love this chocolate cake from Jenny Steffens blog:

http://jennysteffens.blogspot.com/2012/03/chocolate-cake-not-from-box-and-it.html

My husband says it is his favorite cake.  He likes it so much he has learned how to bake it!

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
Occasional Contributor

check out laura vitale on:

laurainthekitchen.com

great selections!

Trusted Contributor

I like the Semisweet Sisters website they have the most delicious recipes!!!

Honored Contributor

DH did make the Hershey's Perfectly Chocolate Cake for my birthday today & it's YUMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trusted Contributor

I'm a Chocoholic.
Esteemed Contributor

@house_cat

I don't know if I am too late with this or not-if you made a cake for your DH, I'm sure he loved it no matter what recipe you used. 

Even if you have made your cake, you may want to take a look at the blog, Life, Love, and Sugar.  This young woman is so very talented.  We are more "pie" people here and rarely have cake for any celabration but Lindsay's creations are more than tempting.   She has all kinds of basic scratch recipes for cakes and then....what she does with them is enough to make you want to bite the screen of your computer-and this coming from someone who is rarely  tempted by cake!