Valued Contributor

For House_Cat --- found a recipe I promised I would send

Hi.  I haven't been around for a while - since summer, actually.  While rooting through bunches of recipes before Thanksgiving, I found the recipe I told you about long ago.  It was sent in by Judith Light, the actress, to Women's World Magazine. 

I was excited to find it and took it to work to scan to my email.  I saved it in my document file on my laptop.  I am going to try to attach it now

Faux-Nuts 

Valued Contributor

Re: For House_Cat --- found a recipe I promised I would send - Part 2

Sorry, house_cat:  I fouled that up.  It did not work.  I will have to type it.  I wanted you to see the picture because the little faux-nuts look so pretty.  Cannot figure out how to embed the scanned document here.  

FAUX-NUTS   (Judith Light)  Women's World Magazine, date unknown   

1-3/4 cups whole wheat flour             1-1/4 cups all purpose flour

1-1/2 tsp. cinnamon                           1-1/2 tsp. baking soda

1/2 tsp. salt                                        3 ripe bananas, mashed

3 eggs                                                2-3/4 cups fruit juice concentrate        1/4 cup oil, canola preferred               (such as white-grape or cranberry      1/4 cup buttermilk                                 or your choice, divided)                    

2 tsp. vanilla extract

10 squares graham crackers, crushed 

(approximately 2 cups)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Coat two 6-cake mini Bundt puns with nonstick spray.

Sift together flours, cinnamon, soda and salt.  In bowl with mixer at medium speed beat bananas and eggs until smooth, 1 - 2 minutes.  Add, at lower speed, 1-3/4 cups juice concentrate, oil, buttermilk and vanilla until combined, 2 - 3 minutes.  Increase speed to medium, beat in flour mixture.  Fill pans halfway with batter, bake 14 to 18 minutes or until golden.  Cool in pans on rack 15 minutes.  Remove from pans.

Meanwhile, heat remaining juice over medium-low heat until warm.  Dip cakes in juice; roll in graham crackers to coat.   

Makes 12 faux-nuts, 24 servings. 

Per serving: 170 calories, 3.5 g protein, 4 g fat, 27 mg cholesterol,            32 g carbs, 137 mg sodium.  

No sugar, except from the fruit and juices.  I did not remember that.  I went over the recipe to make sure nothing was left out.   I hope they turn out.  I will try them --- someday.  They do sound good even without the extra sugar. 

Happy upcoming holidays~~~~~

Valued Contributor

@house_cat

I typed it nice and purdy, but when I sent it, all the nice colums meandered about and messed it up Smiley Sad 

Ciao~~ 

Honored Contributor

@Elri

Thank you.  I can read it just fine.  I googled around and found some images, too.  I'm looking forward to trying it.

Screen Shot 2018-11-27 at 5.42.02 AM.png

~ house cat ~