Respected Contributor

@paixmcdao 

Hi.  Didn't know Ayds was released in 1941. Thought is was from the 1970's. Wow !

Thanks.

Respected Contributor

@cindyNC   I was buying coconut oil to use for cooking and topical skin

issues. I'm sure that as a natural product it has many beneficial

uses. Nutritionally, the benefits attributed to it have been questioned. I thought that it was healthier to use for baking than

Crisco. My banana bread was nice and moist and had no coconut taste.

Honored Contributor

@PhilaLady1 ..........................Ayds were sold long before the Aids crisis.  My grandmother ate them when I was a kid in the 1950's & 60's.  They were chewy like a caramel and tasted yucky.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

Re: Food fads come and go

[ Edited ]

@paixmcdao Oh wow! I am 74 and I recall as a kid of about 8 or 9 my mom buying a box of the small chews in chocolate flavor. She kept them in her bottom dresser drawer and my sister and I would eat them like candy! She never told us what they were for and we didn't care. We just thought it was candy. How odd to see this.

Honored Contributor

@Runner26 I loved those and miss them! Safeway came out with their own knockoff that was pretty good, too. Haven't seen them in years but I'd love to have them again. Remember the ladies in the TV ad "Hey Cookie Man!" calling to the delivery guy?

Respected Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

@PhilaLady1 ..........................Ayds were sold long before the Aids crisis.  My grandmother ate them when I was a kid in the 1950's & 60's.  They were chewy like a caramel and tasted yucky.

Hello @Imaoldhippie 

Yeah, I didn't know that when I first posted, thanks !.  Thought that Ayds were a 70's fad, probably because that's when I discovered them.  I went through a few boxes of them. Liked the chocolate.  I can not even tell you why I bought them more than once, I knew that I was being duped.  Guess I was hoping against hope that they actually did what they claimed.  Smiley Happy

Regular Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@Runner26 I loved those and miss them! Safeway came out with their own knockoff that was pretty good, too. Haven't seen them in years but I'd love to have them again. Remember the ladies in the TV ad "Hey Cookie Man!" calling to the delivery guy?

@Love my grandkids I don't recall the commercial but I remember when Snackwell's came out we would eat the whole box in one sitting (there weren't that many really) because it was no fat/low fat, hence, calories didn't count. LOL