Contributor

Share your Favorite FIVE items or less crock pot recipe......... Go!   

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Five items or less.....

[ Edited ]

I rarley measure but here is my 5 or less.

3 or 4 boneless chicken breast halves 

bar b que sauce of your choice one whole bottle

one can of pineapple chunks in juice

Drain the pineapple and place in a bowl, add the bbq sauce stir well. Add some sauce to bottom of crock, place the breasts on top then add the rest of sauce over the chicken.  Put on lid and cook on low 6 to 8 hours. 

Valued Contributor

Happy to oblige!  Chicken thighs (usually 6) and Sofrito (jarred sauce). Put some sauce in the bottom of the slow cooker and add the chicken thighs. Pour Sofrito sauce over to cover thighs, toss.  I usually use almost the whole jar.  Set on low and cook 4-6 hours (my cooker runs hot, so it is more like 4 hours for me).

Super Contributor

We love this:

Boneless pork roast, sprinkle with a packet of Lipton onion soup mix and top with a jar of applesauce (plain or chunky) - cook on low 6-7 hours.

Super Contributor

Making this for a pot luck Sunday:

Cheesy creamed corn:

3 lbs. frozen corn - top with 1 Tbl. sugar, 1 Tbl. water and 2 (8 oz.) blocks cream cheese. Cook on low about 5 hours and stir to blend cream cheese. Add a handful of shredded cheddar and stir. Can hold on warm indefinitely.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Five items or less.....

[ Edited ]

Italian Beef

3-4 pound arm roast

1 packet Good Seasons (a must IMO) Italian salad dressing mix 

1/2 jar pepperoncinis, optional

Place roast in crock pot, sprinkle Italian salad dressing mix over roast.  Cover and cook on low 8 hours.  Keep the lid on and there will be plenty of mositure.  Shred with forks and enjoy!  

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt