Honored Contributor

Anybody ever order their pecan pralines ? Right now they got free shp. no tax and threw in a free gift of sausage and cheese . I ordered hope they're good. Won't get till 13-17th.

Honored Contributor

I've always liked their stuff, but I like Cheryls cookies too and many people complain about them.

Honored Contributor

I've didn't know Figi's carried pralines.  Just sent some from River Street Sweets to a friend in Massachusetts.  Since she raved about the box I sent last year, I felt she would enjoy them again this year.

Super Contributor

Every year my brother sends me a large gift selection including cheese, sausage, candy, and a small cake from Figi's.  I think it is awful.  I end up throwing most of it away.  I wish I could think of a tactful way to tell my brother not to send Figi's stuff to me without hurting his feelings, but so far I haven't said anything.  It is such a waste of his money.  And I guess I am trying to tell you that you might look elsewhere rather than purchase from that particular company.  

Honored Contributor

Their stuff is pretty bad. Very cheap stuff. 

Honored Contributor

LOL I'll report back !

Respected Contributor

@Carolm wrote:

Every year my brother sends me a large gift selection including cheese, sausage, candy, and a small cake from Figi's.  I think it is awful.  I end up throwing most of it away.  I wish I could think of a tactful way to tell my brother not to send Figi's stuff to me without hurting his feelings, but so far I haven't said anything.  It is such a waste of his money.  And I guess I am trying to tell you that you might look elsewhere rather than purchase from that particular company.  

BF had the same experience a few years back - he called and complained and they sent him a free basket of stuff which just reinforced how truly pathetic the baskets were and horrible their food really is.  

Honored Contributor

My former neighbors got a basket from their daughter a couple years ago.  Ghastly food, none of the four of us liked it..  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Figis gourmet catalog

[ Edited ]

I used to order from them many years ago and really wasn't impressed w/their products.  Maybe they've improved, but from the sounds of these posts, I guess not Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I haven't ordered from them, but their reviews on Yelp are bad - almost all are one star!  Most complain about customer service rather than product quality (though no one praises product quality either).