Trusted Contributor

Re: Favorite meatloaf recipe?

Ooh DiAnne, love the sound of that curry meatloaf! If you like curry and are in Trader Joes they just started carrying some really good Chicken Balti Pies. Balti is a type of curry that is very popular in the UK.They are in the freezer section next to the steak and ale pies. Highly recommend Smiley Happy
Honored Contributor

@Lynneuk wrote:
Just lately I've been making the stovetop meatloaf and my family really likes it.
Mix one cup of water with one egg and add a pack of stovetop and mix well. Let sit for 10 minutes to moisten. Add 11/2lb pack of meatloaf mix and thoroughly combine. Shape into a loaf on a foil lined baking sheet. Bake at 350 for 50 minutes. Half way through baking add a glaze. I used Trader Joes Sirracha Barbecue sauce but you can use whatever suits your taste.

Don't you love that Sriracha BBQ sauce from TJ's?  I bought it on a whim, I very much hope they keep it around for next year!

Trusted Contributor

Yes it's delicious! My son is totally addicted now,lol.
I made bangers and mash with peas last week and he took the barbecue sauce and mixed it into the mashed potatoes Smiley Happy
Esteemed Contributor

Red Pepper Meatloaf
1 1/2 pounds ground turkey or ground turkey breast
1 red pepper chopped on the small side but not diced
1/2 cup Italian bread crumb
1/2 cup milk
2 tablespoons instant minced onions (dried onion)
1/2 teaspoon each garlic powder and black pepper
1 egg
Topping
1/2 cup ketchup
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon prepared mustard
Splash of white vinegar
I usually just eye the sauce up, the vinegar makes it the sauce shine and stick better.
Combine all the meat mixture in big bowl, combine well. Form it into one loaf or 4 small loaves ( this is what I do, only bake about 1 hour or so)
Place in your pan, I nonstick foil my pan for quick clean up. Bake at 350 for 1 hour 30 minutes or until no longer pink inside. Makes six to eight servings.
Respected Contributor

I buy Hunts meatloaf sauce in the tomato sauce dept.  I follow the simple recipe on the can and it is the best meatloaf I've ever made.  A friend told me about it and now that is all I use.  My mom uses it now too.

Valued Contributor

Little Cheddar Meat Loaves...the best! and baking time is less.

You can Google it.

Honored Contributor

@Lynneuk wrote:
Ooh DiAnne, love the sound of that curry meatloaf! If you like curry and are in Trader Joes they just started carrying some really good Chicken Balti Pies. Balti is a type of curry that is very popular in the UK.They are in the freezer section next to the steak and ale pies. Highly recommend Smiley Happy

Thanks Lynneuk, I will keep an eye out for it. 

-DiAnne

Honored Contributor

All this talk of meatloaf, I had to make one for dinner tonight.  Can't wait for DH to get home and it's time to eat!

Esteemed Contributor

All of these recipes sound delicious.  Thank you ladies.  I enjoyed reading them.  I want to make a meatloaf now.  Yum.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Meatloaf sandwich for lunch is sounding pretty good right now. Yum!!!