Esteemed Contributor

Re: Favorite Sandwich 🥪

[ Edited ]

Scrambled eggs with sautéed onions on good old fashioned white bread and of course a good juicy burger or BLT.

Respected Contributor

I enjoy a good tuna melt on English muffins that are toasted first.   I also enjoy a good ham and cheese sandwich on rye bread with sliced fresh, juicy tomato on top and mayo.  

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Honored Contributor

@Big Joanie wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

I have Celiac disease, so gluten free bread is all I can have.  It's not so wonderful and so sandwiches are disappointing.

From memory, a Reuben on rye is my favorite.  I used to love rye bread.

I also like Italian hoagies, grilled cheese and fish with tartar sauce, but Reuben's are #1.

I make a Rueben without bread .. just put everything in a small corning ware dish

and heat it up ....

I have seen the recipes for Reuben dip...never tried it but it looks good.

i dump sandwich fixings on a salad and eat it that way.  I do miss rye bread though.  I once bought gluten free rye bread substitute....not good.

Respected Contributor

Chicken salad on a croissant.

Honored Contributor

@Meowingkitty wrote:

Scrambled eggs with sautéed onions on good old fashioned white bread and of course a good juicy burger or BLT.

My Mother  used to saute onions with scrambled eggs in butter and eat them on toasted white bread with Mayo.  Gotta have the Mayo.

My husband said it sounded gross, but when he tried it...it was pure love.  He calls them Dottie sandwiches after my mother.

Honored Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

Easy decision--PB&J.  Have it 2 or 3 times a week.  

@kaydee50 , You won't believe this but I've never had one of these. I just don't like jelly.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@SloopJohnB wrote:

@QVCkitty1   Like Dagwood, I love a good sandwich!  At the risk of TMI, my favorite sandwich to this day gives me memories that are bittersweet....no pun intended.  My favorite sandwich is an Italian hoagie.  Fresh bread with a little Italian olive oil on it along with provolone cheese, mortadella, capicola, salami & prosciutto.  A little lettuce & tomato along with either hot peppers or roasted peppers.  

I eat them & love them to this day, however, going back to my school days when my mom would pack my lunch with one of those hoagies I was almost, read almost, lol, embarrassed to take it out & eat it.  The other kids in my class would be eating peanut butter & jelly or tuna or bologna sandwiches on sliced white bread & comment on mine.  Not necessarily nice comments.  Made me feel different and awkward.  On Fridays, though, I was right there with them with the tuna, as we didn't eat meat on Fridays, Lent or not.  

My how times have changed.  Ethnic food is the norm now.  Not so much in my neck of the woods in the 60's & 70's.  

@SloopJohnB , Those kids would have been lucky to have your sandwich, Italian subs are delicious !😋

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@SloopJohnB wrote:

@QVCkitty1   Like Dagwood, I love a good sandwich!  At the risk of TMI, my favorite sandwich to this day gives me memories that are bittersweet....no pun intended.  My favorite sandwich is an Italian hoagie.  Fresh bread with a little Italian olive oil on it along with provolone cheese, mortadella, capicola, salami & prosciutto.  A little lettuce & tomato along with either hot peppers or roasted peppers.  

I eat them & love them to this day, however, going back to my school days when my mom would pack my lunch with one of those hoagies I was almost, read almost, lol, embarrassed to take it out & eat it.  The other kids in my class would be eating peanut butter & jelly or tuna or bologna sandwiches on sliced white bread & comment on mine.  Not necessarily nice comments.  Made me feel different and awkward.  On Fridays, though, I was right there with them with the tuna, as we didn't eat meat on Fridays, Lent or not.  

My how times have changed.  Ethnic food is the norm now.  Not so much in my neck of the woods in the 60's & 70's.  

@SloopJohnB , Those kids would have been lucky to have your sandwich, Italian subs are delicious !😋

@QVCkitty1  💕

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Respected Contributor

My favorite sandwich was the Monte Cristo.

It's made with ham/turkey, cheese, mayo (or mustard)

and it's dipped in a batter before going on a griddle or being fried.

Some recipes add strawberry sauce, powdered sugar, bread crumbs, etc.

At its core, the Monte Cristo is made as a double or triple decker with ham, turkey, and Swiss cheese. The assembled sandwich is then dipped into an egg batter or custard and pan fried or deep fried until golden. In the Southern United States, it also sometimes includes a crunchy breading, such as crushed corn flakes.

image.png

Trusted Contributor

Bologna on white bread with mustard and a bag of chips.