Esteemed Contributor

Favorite Pineapple Casserole For Easter? UPDATED!

[ Edited ]

DH suggested a pineapple casserole (or stuffing) for Easter this year. I've never made a pineapple side dish for my ham. Today I'm trying the Paula Deen recipe that is just pineapples and cheddar cheese with Ritz cracker crumbs on top. But DH was unhappy that it doesn't have bread cubes included. Do you have a tried and true recipe for me to try?

Respected Contributor

Re: Favorite Pineapple Casserole For Easter?

I have never even heard of Pineapple Casserole.  Will be following this thread to learn something new!

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

I think I remember having that once and it was so good. It had pineapple chunks, chunks of a french kind of bread-mre like a pineapple bread pudding stuffing.

"Baking a Moment" has a pineapple stuffing recipe that looks like what I remember. None of them have cheese that I saw.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Frequent Contributor

One that I make at Christmas is called baked pineapple.  Below is the recipe.  You can look it up on allrecipes.com.  It is very good easy to make.  I also like it cold as a desert.

• Ingredients

Yields 7 servings

Ingredient Checklist

1 (20 ounce) can crushed pinapple, drained

1 cup white sugar

2 tablespoons cornstarch

1/4 cup cold water

2 eggs

1 tablespoon vanilla extract

1 tablespoon butter

1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x9 inch baking dish.

• In a mixing bowl, mix together the pineapple, sugar, cornstarch, water, eggs and vanilla. Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish. Dot the mixture with butter and sprinkle with cinnamon
    • Bake in a preheated 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) oven for 1 hour.

Respected Contributor

@PA Mom-mom  whatever recipe you use switch out the bread for croissants, it is very good.

Super Contributor

I have never made a casserole of any kind in my life.  lol We just don't eat them.  Last year I saw a recipe for a pineapple casserole and decided to give it a try for a side dish to ham  as odd as the dish sounded...

I can't tell you how delicious it was!  Nothing left!! I'd give it a try.

This is the one I made:

• 3 tablespoons pineapple gelatin mix 
  • 3/4 cup sugar 
  • 2 tablespoons cornstarch 
  • 1 cup water 
  • 1 (20-ounce) can pineapple tidbits, drained 
  • 1 cup finely shredded sharp Cheddar cheese 
  • 1 cup butter-flavored cracker crumbs (like Ritz) 
  • 2 tablespoons butter, melted 

What To Do:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
  2. In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, whisk together gelatin mix, sugar, cornstarch, and water until smooth. Bring mixture to a boil and continue to whisk until thickened. Stir in pineapple chunks and cheese. Pour mixture into baking dish.
  3. In a medium bowl, combine cracker crumbs and butter. Sprinkle over pineapple mixture.
  4. Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until golden brown and heated through.
Esteemed Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

I think I remember having that once and it was so good. It had pineapple chunks, chunks of a french kind of bread-mre like a pineapple bread pudding stuffing.

"Baking a Moment" has a pineapple stuffing recipe that looks like what I remember. None of them have cheese that I saw.

@on the bay  I took a look at that recipe, and it looks like what DH was asking for. Thanks! I'll try this one too.

Honored Contributor

I have never had or seen.  However, my favorite would be a recipe without pineapple!  Woman Embarassed

Esteemed Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

I have never had or seen.  However, my favorite would be a recipe without pineapple!  Woman Embarassed

@Sooner Smiley LOL 

Respected Contributor

@Sooner 

🤣🤣🤣

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward