Honored Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

@RespectLife  Are Spice House products only available through mail-order outside of the Milwaukee area?  I would like to try their paprika. 

@deepwaterdotter

I believe so.  I think they have locations in IL and WI only.

I order online.  They send me email specials all the time.

I have their smoked Paprika and LOVE it!

Honored Contributor

I love Penzeys spices, right now I'm using the Ozark Style seasoning for chicken, pork or fish and the Lemon Pepper seasoning you can use on veal, chicken, turkey , pork and fish. I like curried food and I buy their sweet curry powder, it's the best combo of spices I've tried to date. I make my own vanilla extract from their Madagascar vanilla beans and their Cinnamon is so tasty, I like the Vietnamese cinnamon the best though.

New Contributor

Definitely Fox Point seasoning! Smiley Happy Might try innovatve ones this year though...

Valued Contributor

I too order from The Spice House. Penzys became way to political for me. I want to read and order spices and not their political views. This was around the time of the Presidential election so perhaps it is not as prominent now. I got off their email list. I understand it was their right to do so, but I wasn't interested in it.

Try Tarragon on boiled potatoes with butter. I love the flavor of tarragon.

Respected Contributor

Re: Favorite Penzeys?

[ Edited ]

@QPrincess

I'm glad you posted this.   I always appreciated their efforts to support various issues and had forgotten about that.   We recently moved and I tossed most of my Penzy's 8 year old spices so with this reminder I'm going right to their website to order.   Have to support companies that work for issues one believes in.   

Esteemed Contributor

The Spice House offerings look fabulous, too!  I'm waiting on my first Penzeys order.  They still have free shipping at $25 and today, a free jar of roasted garlic with purchase.

I just got into Sauer's for prepared mustard in a jar.  Wow!  To think I had been lumping the cheap ones into the "just as good as the rest" category.  So not true!

I clipped a couple of coupons this past weekend for McCormicks and Spice Islands, from the paper.  Maybe not the best of all of them, but this time of the year you may find the herbs and spices on sale, and then with a coupon it is a score!

Cogito ergo sum