Re: 🍰🍪Favorite Holiday Dessert? Please

Chocolate pie

4-ounce bar Baker's German Sweet Chocolate bar

1/3cup milk (divided)

2 Tbsp. Sugar

4-ounce cream cheese, softened

8-ounce cool whip thawed

9-inch graham cracker crust

Heat choc. & 2Tbsp. Milk in a saucepan, over low heat, stirring frequently until choc.

Is melted. In another bowl, beat sugar and cream cheese add in remaining milk, & choc. mixture, beat until smooth. Fold in cool whip, spoon into crust. A also garnish with cool

whip and choc. Curls.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

For Christmas, I usually make this Chocolate Pudding Dessert....delicious!

Chocolate Pudding Dessert

Crust:

1/2 cup butter, softened

1 cup flour

1 Tbsp sugar

1/2 cup chopped pecans

Cream Cheese Layer:

2 - 8oz packages cream cheese, softened

1 cup powdered sugar

1 cup Cool Whip

Chocolate Layer:

2 (3 oz) packages instant chocolate pudding

2 1/2 cups milk (I use 2%)

Topping:

8 oz container Cool Whip (less the 1 cup used in the Cream Cheese layer)

1. Mix Crust ingredients together with a fork. Press into 9x13 pan and bake 15 minutes @ 350 degrees. Cool.

2. Beat Cream Cheese layer ingredients together with electric mixer until creamy, and spread over cooled crust.

3. Chocolate Layer: whisk together the instant chocolate pudding and milk until thickened and let sit for 5 minutes. Then, spread on top of cream cheese layer.

4. Topping: spread Cool Whip on top of chocolate layer and refrigerate overnight or at least 3 to 4 hours.

You can sprinkle chocolate shavings over the Cool Whip if you'd like.

This is a really smooth and creamy dessert any time of the year. Lemon pudding is a nice substitute for chocolate if you prefer.

Edited: forgot to add that this recipe can be easily cut in half for an 8x8 pan or  9" pie plate.

Honored Contributor

I'm making a pumpkin roll--recipe from the back of the Libbys can. I make a mean sponge anyway!!!! 

Esteemed Contributor

Sweet potato pie

Trusted Contributor

@KBEANS wrote:

Thanksgiving- Pumpkin Pie, Coconut Custard, Cheesecake, and of course a fruitcake for those who like a slice. 

Christmas- Cucidata Sicilian Cookies...anybody? Cheesecake, and of course a fruitcake for those who like a slice.

@KBEANS Cucidata are one of my favorites too!  Have you ever made them?  I have not -- I stick to making pizzelle which are much easier!

Respected Contributor

@Knit-Chick 

I can not tell a lie. I never made them; but my mom and grandma have for years. I helped them with the prep, which was a pain in the ass. It must be easier today with food processors etc. that being said my mother refuses to use a food processor, and does everything by hand still. She still makes them. She's getting older so it's harder to make the quantities she had in the past. All we gotta do is mention it and she'll get the bug to do it. 😝 And they are super delicious. I am not much of a baker...but I am a baked goods eater! 😊 Have a great Thanksgiving!

Respected Contributor

If you don't have them allready,  get the Recipies from you Mother or Grandmother , or Uncle or whoever makes that awesome food of family tradition.   Chat with them about HOW THEY make it. It's so sad when you find out No One Ever Asked how Grammy used to make those fantastic whatevers.  I can't tell you how many of my friends that has happened to.  At the least I'm sure they will be flattered and love to chat.

Respected Contributor

The Holidays mean bourbon fudge and boosey balls. Sometimes we make kahlua brownies and ice them.

doxie

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi @doxie1 ,

Do you mind sharing your recipe for bourbon fudge and boosey balls, please?!

TIA.

@doxie1 wrote:

The Holidays mean bourbon fudge and boosey balls. Sometimes we make kahlua brownies and ice them.

doxie