Esteemed Contributor

Re: 🍰🍪Favorite Holiday Dessert? Please

Pumpkin custard with cinnamon whipped cream, (easier than fooling with a pie crust). I do them in individual ramakins.

Peanut Butter pie from the Country Cupboard in Lewisburg, PA.

All their pies are good but the PB is out of this world.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

You're welcome, @Reconnaissant .  I'm glad the long lists of ingredients  and instructions don't scare you off, as it's easier and faster to accomplish than it reads. 

I do urge you, though, to make this in advance.  It just keeps getting better.  

@Reconnaissant    In case you've printed the recipe already, here's a heads up that I edited the instructions a bit.  Somehow I dropped the instructions for the Lemon Curd Filling, so those few lines have been inserted.  Inaccurate recipes are a big pet peeve of mine, so I apologize for any inconvenience this might have caused you.

BTW, Chef Flay demonstrates making this recipe on foodnetwork<dot>com and there is a photo of the finished product. 

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Valued Contributor

Thank you for the make in advance tip @IamMrsG. I like to prepare as much in advance as I can. Just the two of us so we will have extra servings to enjoy. You’re a gem. 

Esteemed Contributor

Sweet Potato Pie!! 

Honored Contributor

Cheesecake

rich chocolate cake

mixed berry pie

Honored Contributor

Cream cheese and cherry pie.

Fruitcake--home made and dark with lots of fruit and nuts, soaked in Grand Marnier

Egg nog

Honored Contributor

My mother's Russian Tea cakesHeart

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

Strawberry pretzel salad / dessert takes center stage with my family. Then I'll do a chocolate something and a traditional Thanksgiving pie (apple / pecan / pumpkin)

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

For thanksgiving, sweet potato pie!!!

For Xmas:   My grandmothers Potato Cake.   It's a spice cake with cocoa,  mashed potatoes, pecans and a butter cream frosting.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Walnut fudge.

Chewy molasses ginger cookies.