3/4 c unsalted butter

5 oz evaporated milk

3 c sugar

7 oz jar of maeshmallow fluff

12 oz semi sweet chocolate chips

1 t vanilla

1/4 c bourbon

1/2 c chopped pecans

Line 9 x 9 pan with foil. In saucepan add butter, milk, sugar and bring slowly to a boil. Stir frequently. When it gets to 235 degrees then cook it for 4 to 5 minutes. Keep stirring. Remove from burner and add fluff and chips. Stir until smooth. Then add vanilla and bourbon. Stir gently. Pour into pan and put pecans on top. Let set on counter 3 to 4 hours. Cut in pieces and store in refrigerator.

You can speed up setting by putting in refrigerator.

Bourbon Fudge 2

10 oz milk chocolate

10 oz dark chocolate

1/4 c bourbon

1/2 t vanilla

1/4 c unsalted butter

1 can sweetened condensed milk

1/4 t salt

Grease a  8 x 8 pan. Line with parchment paper coming over the sides. Cut chocolate in chunks and melt over boiling water. Add butter and sweetened condensed milk and slowly bring to a slow boil while stirring. When it gets to about 230 degrees I cook it for an additional 2 to 3 minutes constantly stirring. You have to tuen the heat down if it gets too hot.

Remove frome heat. Add vanilla bourbon and salt. Mix well. Pour into dish and smooth the top. Put in refrigerator for 2 hours to firm. Cut in squares and store in refrigerator.

I like this recipe because I can make a gazillion changes to it and it still comes out delicious. I do use good boutbon that I would drink and not the gut burner stuff. I do pay attention to the slow heating and the temperature to prevent scorching or a boil over.

Bonus

1. You can freeze it.

2. You can add nuts to it

2. You can use Jack Daniels. Bailey Irish cream, rum, kahlua, ameretto or brandy as well.

When I use the kahlua I add coffee as well

When I use Ameretto I to[ them with cherries

I hope you enjoy

I will post the boosy balls later.

doxie

Trusted Contributor

Re: 🍰🍪Favorite Holiday Dessert? Please

@doxie1 ,

Thank you so much for sharing your fudge recipe!  I have a friend who is a fudgeaholic.  I called her to tell her about this recipe and we each will make and sample a version some time after the holiday.