Contributor

Re: Favorite Chicken Recipes

At the moment, Chicken with leeks and sweet potatoes is my favorite:

Chicken with Leeks and Sweet Potatoes

Paleo dinner - chicken with leeks

• 1. Preheat oven to 400 F.
  • 2. Combine 1 tbsp olive oil, thyme, mustard, lemon rind and paprika. Reserve 1 tbsp of mixture, and brush the rest over chicken breasts. Season with salt and pepper.
  • 3. Heat remaining 1 tbsp oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Add chicken breasts and cook a few minutes per side or until browned. Remove from skillet and toss in sweet potatoes. Saute for 2 minute, add leeks and saute for 5 minutes. Add stock, reserved mustard mixture and balsamic vinegar and bring to boil. Reduce heat, return chicken breasts and place over vegetables. Cover skillet.
  • 4. Place in oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Slice chicken breasts and serve over vegetables. Drizzle over pan liquid.

http://paleontastic.com/my-top-5-paleo-chicken-recipes/

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

svli_2000, thanks so much for this recipe. I love chicken and sweet potatoes, I just need to add the leeks to this week's shopping list. I can't wait to try it!

Trusted Contributor

Slow Cooker Chicken Cacciatore-From Pillsbury
Ingredients
4 chicken thighs, skin removed if desired
4 chicken legs, skin removed if desired
1 (15-oz.) can chunky Italian-style tomato sauce
1 (4.5-oz.) jar Green Giant™ Whole Mushrooms, drained
1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
1 small onion, sliced
1 small green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 cup water
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour

Steps
  • 1 In 3 1/2 to 4-quart slow cooker, combine all ingredients except water and flour; mix gently.
  • 2 Cover; cook on low setting for 6 to 8 hours.
  • 3 With slotted spoon, remove chicken and vegetables from slow cooker; place in serving bowl. Cover to keep warm.
  • 4 In small bowl, combine water and flour; blend well. Stir into liquid in slow cooker. Increase heat to high setting; cover and cook an additional 5 to 10 minutes or until thickened. Stir well; spoon mixture over chicken. If desired, serve with hot cooked pasta.

This recipe was tested in slow cookers with heating elements in the side and bottom of the cooker, not in cookers that stand only on a heated base. For slow cookers with just a heated base, follow the manufacturer’s directions for layering ingredients and choosing a temperature.

Notes: I have made this where I have added different colored peppers in to the mix, and it has turned out very good that way, where I have added in some sliced up red bell pepper strips, for example. I have also used all chicken thighs instead of mixed leg parts, and it has turned out fine. It is also good served over rice.