Honored Contributor

Re: Favorite Chicken Recipe?

@qualitygal wrote:

The other day, I was searching for chicken, rice and pineapple in a recipe.

Would anyone have a recipe that has these 3 things in it?  I just had a want for one.

Thanks.

@qualitygal I don't cook all that much, it's only me. Have you looked up recipe, Sweet and Sour Chicken and Hawaiian Chicken? I think both dishes use pineapple chunks in the dishes ( at least that's how I made it when I had someone to cook for).

Honored Contributor

I  LOVE chicken!  It is hard to pick a favorite.  Now I have more recipes to try from those posted here.  I am posting two.....first easy for 2-4 people; second one good for 6-8 people....nice to make ahead for company.

Chicken Piccata

4 chicken breasts (about 6 oz. each...if possible buy thin)

1/2 cup flour

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/4 teaspoon pepper

3 tablespoons butter

1/4 cup fresh lemon juice

1/2 cup dry white wine (or chicken broth)

2 tablespoons capers (good with or without)

If chicken breasts are not thin, place between two large pieces of plastic wrap and flatten with meat tenderizer to 1/4" thickness.  Mix together flour, salt and pepper.  Melt butter in skillet on medium heat.  Dredge chicken in flour mix, shaking off excess.

Brown chicken in pan, in melted butter, 5 minutes on each side.  Pour wine (or broth) and lemon juice over chicken and simmer about 20-30 minutes or until chicken is done and sauce has thickened.  Top with capers and serve.

Baked Chicken Breasts

8-10 chicken breasts, boneless*

2 cups sour cream

1/4 cup lemon juice

3 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce

1/4 teaspoon pepper

3 teaspoons celery salt

1 teaspoon paprika

1/2 teaspoon garlic salt

1 package Pepperidge Farm Stuffing 

3/4 cup butter

Mix all ingredients except chicken, stuffing and butter together in large bowl.  Add chicken breasts and coat completely.  Cover and refrigerate for 24 hours.

Crush the stuffing mix.  Remove chicken from sauce and coat in stuffing (discard sauce).  Place chicken breasts in baking dish.  Melt 3/4 cup of butter.  Pour 1/2 of it over chicken and bake at 350 for 30 minutes (uncovered).  Pour remaining butter over chicken and bake another 30 minutes.  

* Some chicken breasts today are very large. Up to you how many chicken breasts to buy.  Some larger breasts can be cut in half.  

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2   I did find those type of recipes thanks.

Honored Contributor

I like chicken breasts dipped in egg than bread crumbs and baked on cookie sheet with a little butter. YUM!!! We also brine them & BBQ.

Respected Contributor

Treasured Chicken

Tobago, Page 96, Serves 4

Don't Stop the Cook! A Complete Guide to Caribbean Recipes

Pro Publishing, Inc., 2004

1 (4 pounds) whole chicken

2 Tsps water

1/2 cup soy sauce

2 Tsps cornstarch

1/2 cup dark rum (I use Myers)

1/2 Tsp dry Mustard (I use Coleman's English)

1/4 cup vegetable oil (I prefer peanut oil)

2 Tbsps fresh parsley, minced

1/4 cup lime juice (I use fresh & the zest from the lime)

1/4 cup fresh thyme leaves

1 & 1/2 Tbsps fresh ginger, minced

1 medium onion

4 cloves garlic, minced

3 chile peppers, seeded and minced

Slice chicken in half, clip the wings and remove bones around the chicken breast.  Place chicken in a roasting pan.  In a food processor, add all the ingredients except cornstarch and water.  Process for 15 seconds until a mashed mixture forms.  Pour the mash over chicken and refrigerate for 2 hours.  

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Cook chicken for 1 hour until meat removes easily from bones.  Remove bones and return meat in the pan to the oven for 50 minutes and baste every 20 minutes with the pan juices.

Mix water and cornstarch together and set aside. Pull out chicken from the roasting pan and set aside.  Simmer pan juices and add in the cornstarch mixture over medium heat stirring frequently.  Place the heated sauce in a bowl for ladling over individual servings of the chicken.

This is very nice served over white rice, or rice cooked with pineapple bits, and a side of crisp steamed green beans or carrot coins.

aroc3435

Washington, DC