Honored Contributor

I NEVER buy food from QVC----well that's not true---have a few times with much regret--but haven't in a very long time. I DID buy this item. It was a 10 serving, 6 oz, set for $99, that was on a few weeks ago----it just came recently--and have to say--the salmon is wonderful!! I did shop around to see if $10 a serving was an ok price---it is and the pieces are a very decent thickness, not a flat piece that curls up when you cook it----I cubed it up and made Bang Bang salmon out of it and cooked it in my airfryer then served it with rice---so good!!!  2 servings is plenty for DD and myself. Am happily surprised and think I will keep the auto ship for awhile--will give us 5 dinners each--not bad!. 

Trusted Contributor

I'm glad you feel that is a great value and maybe for 2 people it is.  When I look at the Faroe Islands salmon and see that it is over $20 per pound (I realize that includes baked in S&H) that is more than I will spend when I can spend less than half that in a grocery store on sale.  The Faroe Islands salmon is farmed raised as well not wild caught.  They never admit that during the presentations when they show the pens the fish are kept in.

Trusted Contributor

@wagirl Ugh! I wanted to purchase it when it was the TSV. I went to order then saw who the host presenting was. (If you read any of my posts I make it very clear I never order, even online, when there is a host on air that I cannot watch). I was going to order later in the day and never had the opportunity.

So glad you like them. It really was a pretty good value for that salmon. I may just order them at the current price. Thanks for your post. 

Honored Contributor

I recently got a quarter pounder combo meal at McDonald's that was just under $10.  The salmon is a bargain by comparison. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Faroe Island salmon

[ Edited ]

I never order food either on the Q but I have ordered a couple of items on HSN that Curtis Stone sells.   I have had his Faroe Island salmon and his prime rib when it has been offered.  Both are very good items.  Price can be expensive but when you break it down into how many meals you actually get, it really isn't bad.

As far as the Faroe salmon being farm raised.  The Faroe Islands have some of cleanest, coldest waters and it is a sustainable fishery.  I've been there.

Contributor

I am so glad to know that someone besides me knows the Faroe Island salmon is farm raised, and that they never have mentioned this fact when presenting the product. For me, this is a no-no, but if others don't mind that fact then go for it. I just think QVC should mention this important fact because it IS important to some of us.

Honored Contributor

@mimomof4 wrote:

I'm glad you feel that is a great value and maybe for 2 people it is.  When I look at the Faroe Islands salmon and see that it is over $20 per pound (I realize that includes baked in S&H) that is more than I will spend when I can spend less than half that in a grocery store on sale.  The Faroe Islands salmon is farmed raised as well not wild caught.  They never admit that during the presentations when they show the pens the fish are kept in.

@mimomof4 

Not only do they admit it..they show pictures of it.

They are VERY open about how the salmon is raised.

They show them being farm raised in those pens...I think that is pretty open.

Respected Contributor

@cjm61, I applaud your "no buy" host stance and I stand firmly with you. LOL! Woman LOL 

Trusted Contributor

@wagirl so glad you posted!  I've been on the fence about ordering for a while.  Compared to what I pay here (northeast OH) for salmon, it's a good price.  

Trusted Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

@mimomof4 wrote:

@mimomof4 

Not only do they admit it..they show pictures of it.

They are VERY open about how the salmon is raised.

They show them being farm raised in those pens...I think that is pretty open.

@RespectLife Yes they show the pens but do not advertise it as Farm Raised.  They put the spin on it that they are raised in the waters around the Faroe Islands to make it sound as if they aren't farm raised fish which are fed a pellet diet.