Honored Contributor

I LOVE the fresh summer produce this time of year!!

I purchased some of our local corn last week....it was so good!  I just rinse the ears off and take a few of the outer husks off along with some of the stringy corn silk on the ends.  I leave most of the husk on and after it's been rinsed well (I make sure there is moisture going inside a bit), then place it directly on a hot grill.  

After a few minutes turn for even grilling.  Once it's finished it will be very hot and I take several paper towels (I guess you can use a kitchen towel too) to protect my hands from the heat when peeling the husks off over the trash.

Delicious with some butter!

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

can't get any better than that!

Honored Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

I purchased some of our local corn last week....it was so good!  I just rinse the ears off and take a few of the outer husks off along with some of the stringy corn silk on the ends.  I leave most of the husk on and after it's been rinsed well (I make sure there is moisture going inside a bit), then place it directly on a hot grill.  

After a few minutes turn for even grilling.  Once it's finished it will be very hot and I take several paper towels (I guess you can use a kitchen towel too) to protect my hands from the heat when peeling the husks off over the trash.

@haddon9 

I got some amazing water proof hot gloves" on amazon!  Now I can hold hot potatoes to peel for potato salad or half for twice baked potatoes.

NO more burned fingers!!!

Silicone Smoker Gloves!

KP Silicone Smoker Oven Gloves -Extreme Heat Resistant BBQ Gloves -Handle Hot Food Right on Your Grill Barbecue Fryer & Pi...

Respected Contributor
That is freaking brilliant!
Honored Contributor

Those of you who microwave- Sounds like a good idea, but how do you check for worms? 

Our favorite way is boiled on the stove in a big crab pot. I cover the corn and bring it just to a boil. I turn off the heat, cover the pot, and let it sit 15 minutes. It's perfect.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@haddon9 wrote:

@haddon9 

I got some amazing water proof hot gloves" on amazon!  Now I can hold hot potatoes to peel for potato salad or half for twice baked potatoes.

NO more burned fingers!!!

Silicone Smoker Gloves!

KP Silicone Smoker Oven Gloves -Extreme Heat Resistant BBQ Gloves -Handle Hot Food Right on Your Grill Barbecue Fryer & Pi...

@ECBG Thanks for the tip! Smiley Happy I just ordered a pair (in red) and should be getting them tomorrow...too late for today since I plan on making corn for dinner tonight.