Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: Family Reunion Potluck Suggestions Needed

Crockpot shredded Turkey Breast. This Is Perfect and easy for after sporting events or tailgating. Feeds a crowd  Posted 08-11-2017 05:10 PM.    But Repeat post from 2012

Spoiler

EASY CROCKPOT SREDDED TURKEY BREAST
‎05-18-2012 10:10 AM

This easy shredded turkey recipe is great served on good quality, buttery rolls. I know it sounds weird, but trust me it is wonderful. As an FYI, it makes a large amount of meat and freezes perfectly. It has become our go-to meal and take-along on family vacations. It is my “assignment” and I make it the day before, add coleslaw and tomatoesu to the menu Have made it this way for many, many years, and shared it with many, it is that good (we think.) Hope you enjoy it too.  Cold hot and room temp!

1 can light beer (any beer works)
½ cup butter
1 envelope onion soup mix
10 pound FROZEN whole turkey breast (I have used hen turkey with same results. Pot roast, and smaller than 10 pound turkey than a breast.  Works every time

Pour beer into a large crockpot, add butter and onion soup mix. Stir just to mix soup mix into the beer.  Then Place turkey breast into the crockpot, cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours or overnight.

After cooked, separate turkey meat from the bone and discard bone. DO NOT DISCARD LIQUID.

Using two forks, shred turkey meat, and return meat to the liquid, season as necessary.

Serve warm on sandwich rolls.  Can offer BBQ sauce or mayo for the buns....or nothing!  

it works with any size turkey or turkey breast and in a pinch I have used unfrozen meat. Just adjust the timing.i hope you ENJOY!

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Re: Family Reunion Potluck Suggestions Needed

Thank you, everyone for your replies.  I decided to make pulled pork.  However, be assured that I copied your other ideas and recipes.  There is always next year and this way I won't have to be looking for an idea.

THANK YOU, EVERYONE.

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta