Honored Contributor

Happy February Recipe Game friends!  Even though February is the shortest month of the year, it is packed with so many foodie celebrations like Valentine's Day and of course The Big Game That Shall Not Be Mentioned . . . hee! Smiley Wink

What a great opportunity to showcase not only our dessert chops but also get our appetizers on.  That being said, many thanks to our friend @kate2357  who not only provided a delicious SB idea but also my fave rave Thai Chili Sauce as our next ingredient well done!:

Cheesy Honey Mustard Ham Rolls - Family Fresh Meals

Ham Rolls.PNG

Ingredients
1 tube Pillsbury pizza dough
2 cups ham diced small
8 slices cheddar or American cheese
1/4 cup  Dijon MUSTARD
3  tbsp Honey
¼ cup  butter melted
½ tsp garlic minced
sprinkling Parsley dried

Instructions
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Roll out the pizza dough and using a rolling pin, roll it to about ¼ inch thick.

In a bowl, mix the Dijon mustard and the honey. Spread it liberally over the surface of the pizza dough.

Sprinkle the diced ham evenly over the dough.

Lay the cheese over the ham, covering as much to the end of the dough (and break apart some pieces to cover large bare spots)
Carefully roll the dough up starting from the long side.

When the dough is completely rolled, make 2” cuts with a sharp knife. After each roll is cut, place cut side down in a greased baking dish.

Bake in the oven for approximately 20 – 25 minutes.
In a bowl, mix the melted butter, garlic and parsley together. When cooking time is complete, remove from the oven and brush the tops of the rolls with the butter mixture.

Next Ingredient: THAI CHILI SAUCE

Esteemed Contributor

Re: FEBRUARY 2023 RECIPE GAME

Let's change the ingredient.

In honor of February.....

Next Ingredient: CHOCOLATE 

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

@kate2357 

I've been busy this week, otherwise I would have posted sooner.  I would make this in the oven, especially since it's 25° outside right now!

Screen Shot 2023-02-04 at 9.29.08 AM.png

Grilled Fish with Sweet Chili Sauce   

TIME
5 minutes to assemble
6-8 minutes to cook
Total time: 15 minutes or less
 YIELD
4 servings

1 1/2 lbs bluefish or salmon fillets with skin
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
1/4 cup Sweet Chili Sauce
1 teaspoon Fish Sauce or salt to taste
Oil
Optional: lime wedges, chopped basil

Step 1
Heat grill to medium high. Wash fillets and pat dry.

Step 2
Mix Sweet Chili Sauce, lime juice and Fish Sauce in small bowl. Set aside.

Step 3
Oil grill grates and place fish, skin side down, onto grill. Cover fish with chili sauce mixture and close grill. Turn heat to medium.

Step 4
Cook 6-8 minutes or until fish is firm, opaque and flakes with fork. Carefully slide a thin spatula under fish and transfer fillets to serving platter. Serve with lime wedges and chopped basil for a Thai accent.

Next ingredient: chocolate

💝💘💝💘💝💘

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm glad I had to look up chocolate because I had forgotten this recipe. I have fixed it for my grandkids on Valentine's Day.  I better get ready to make another batch.

This is a recipe from Ree Drummond (Pioneer Woman).  I am sorry I can't post a picture....so try to visualize finished product....really nice...chocolate and red sprinkles with "kiss" on top! 

Love and Kisses Cookies

12 ozs. Semisweet CHOCOLATE chips

1 cup packed brown sugar

1 cup granulated sugar

1 stick (8 T) salted butter, softened

3 large eggs

1 tablespoon vanilla extract

2 cups all-purpose flour

1/2 cup cocoa powder

1 teaspoon baking powder

1/2 teaspoon salt

2 cups red sprinkles

48 milk CHOCOLATE candies, such as Hershey Kisses

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Line 2 baking sheets with silicone baking mats or parchment paper.

In a microwave-safe bowl, add the CHOCOLATE chips.  Microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring between each interval, until melted.  Allow to cool.

Using a stand mixer with paddle attachment, mix brown sugar, granulated sugar, butter and cooled CHOCOLATE on medium speed until combined.  Add eggs one at a time, mixing after each addition, then add vanilla.  Scrape the sides of bowl and continue mixing until combined.

Whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt in bowl.  Gradually add the dry ingredients to mixer and mix until just combined.

Put red sprinkles in bowl.  Scoop mounded tablespoons of dough and roll into balls.  Roll each ball in sprinkles until completely covered.  Place on prepared baking sheets.  Bake until cookies are poufy and set, about 10 minutes.  Remove from oven and, while still warm, press a chocolate candy (Hershey kiss) into top of each.  Let cookies sit on baking sheets for 2 minutes.  Remove them to wire rack to cool completely.  Repeat with remaining dough, sprinkles and CHOCOLATE candies.

NEXT INGREDIENT .... HONEY 

Honored Contributor

@walker 

These are the cookies and they look delightful! My granddaughter hasn't yet discovered chocolate, but her Papaw sure loves it! I might have to try these for him on Valentine's Day...

Screen Shot 2023-02-05 at 7.38.11 AM.png

Next ingredient: HONEY

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

@house_cat ....THAT'S IT!!!  Thanks for posting.  Cute cookie treat for Valentine's Day, eh?

NEXT INGREDIENT .... HONEY

Respected Contributor

FEBRUARY 2023 RECIPE GAME

[ Edited ]

It's been awhile since this recipe has been posted. Easy & yummy!

Sopapilla Cheesecake Bars

Ingredients

• 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 1 teaspoon Mexican vanilla extract
  • 2 (8 ounce) cans refrigerated crescent rolls
  • 3/4 cup white sugar
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
  • 1/4 cup honey

Directions

1. Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Prepare a 9x13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
  2. Beat the cream cheese with 1 cup of sugar and the vanilla extract in a bowl until smooth.
  3. Unroll the cans of crescent roll dough, and use a rolling pin to shape each piece into 9x13 inch rectangles. Press one piece into the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish. Evenly spread the cream cheese mixture into the baking dish, then cover with the remaining piece of crescent dough. Stir together 3/4 cup of sugar, cinnamon, and butter. Dot the mixture over the top of the cheesecake. (You can also melt the butter & spread, then sprinkle on the sugar & cinnamon)
  4. Bake in the preheated oven until the crescent dough has puffed and turned golden brown, about 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and drizzle with honey. Cool completely in the pan before cutting into small squares.

Next Ingredient: corn tortillas

Muddling through...
Esteemed Contributor

Those cookies look marvelous. And thank you for using the ingredient of  honey, as it got me to thinking about a salmon dish to make next week. I was going to do lemon butter and capers, which my husband is not that fond of ... so will do a honey garlic. My husband thanks you. Smiley Happy

Next Ingredient: corn tortillas

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Esteemed Contributor

Shrimp Tacos with Pineapple Salsa

Ingredients

1 pound frozen cooked and peeled baby shrimp, thawed
1/2 cup finely chopped white onions
1/4 cup distilled white vinegar
1/4 cup lime juice
2 teaspoons finely chopped garlic
1 teaspoon lime zest
1 teaspoon whole cumin seeds
Salt to taste
2 cups finely chopped pineapple
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes  ???
8 corn taco shells, prepared according to package directions
1 avocado, peeled, pitted and thinly sliced

Method

In a large bowl, combine shrimp, onions, vinegar, lime juice, garlic, zest, cumin seeds and salt; set aside.
In a medium bowl, combine pineapple, cilantro, pepper flakes and salt. Cover both bowls with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, or preferably overnight.

When ready to serve, divide shrimp mixture among taco shells and top with the pineapple salsa. Serve with slices of avocado on the side or arrange them in the taco shells, if you like.

Next ingredient:  Chicken broth

Esteemed Contributor

I use salted butter, not unsalted and use low sodium chicken broth. I love the sage flavor of the sauce.

Brown Butter Sage Skillet Chicken - Nourish and Fete

Sage Chicken  Breast.PNG

Ingredients
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts - sliced or pounded thin
kosher salt
freshly-ground black pepper
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
6 Tablespoons unsalted butter - divided
2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1/3 cup fresh sage leaves (a generous handful)
juice of 1/2 lemon - use the other half for serving as wedges
1/2 cup white wine or low-sodium CHICKEN BROTH

Instructions
Season both sides of the chicken breasts generously with salt and pepper. Place the flour in a shallow bowl or plate, then dredge each piece of chicken through it to form a light coating, shaking gently to remove any excess.

Add 2 tablespoons butter and 2 tablespoons olive oil to a large skillet set over medium-high heat. When butter melts, add the chicken and saute for 2-3 minutes per side, until cooked through and lightly golden. Remove the chicken to a plate, cover with foil, and set aside. 

Add remaining 4 tablespoons butter to the skillet. When butter has melted, add sage leaves. Allow the butter to brown and bubble, about 2-3 minutes, until it begins to give off a warm, nutty aroma. Remove sage to a paper towel-lined plate, leaving butter in the skillet.

Add lemon juice and wine or broth to the skillet. Simmer the mixture for 2-3 minutes, scraping any browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Taste sauce and adjust with more salt and pepper, if desired. When the sauce is slightly thickened, return chicken to the skillet to warm through, then top with sage, garnish with additional lemon wedges, and serve.

Next ingredient: RED, YELLOW OR GREEN PEPPER