New Contributor

FAST AND EASY RECIPE FOR THE NINJA FOODI PRESSURE COOKER

[ Edited ]

All of you may already have tried something like this, but I tried it in my Ninja Foodi Pressure cooker for the first time and was pleasantly surprised how well it worked.  I am going to share it with you and would welcome any comments when and if you try this recipe.

Ingredients:

1 pound roll of sausage (regular or hot)

1 box stuffing mix (chicken or herbed)

3 cups chicken stock or broth

1/4 stick of unsalted butter (cut up in small pieces)

2 cups of cheese spread evenly on top (a 3-cheese cheddar blend is great)

Instructions:

Saute the roll of sausage in the Ninja Foodi until no longer pink (do not drain).

Stir in 3 cups of chicken stock and 1/4 stick of butter.  Once butter has melted, stir in 1 box of stuffing and stir until well-incorporated.

Turn off Ninja and switch to bake.  With the air crisp lid on, bake for 10 minutes on 350 degrees.  Mid-way cooking (5 minutes), stir dressing to make sure it is absorbing liquid.  After cook time is done, add cheese on top and bake for an additional 5 minutes at 375 degrees or until cheese has thoroughly melted (longer if you want to have a crispier topping).

This is a great recipe to serve as a side dish at Thanksgiving or Christmas (actually at any time).  

Notes:  You can add 1 cup of sweet green peas, 1 cup of diced carrots, and 1 cup of celery just before you add the stock/broth and butter to make this more into a main dish meal. 

I hope you enjoy this and let me know if you try it.  Any suggestions on cook times or additional ingredients you try would be great! 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: FAST AND EASY RECIPE FOR THE NINJA FOODI PRESSURE COOKER

@Yeo1402   Thanks for posting this yummy sounding recipe.  What happens to the sausage?  Does it break up and become incorporated into the dressing?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
New Contributor

Yes, as you cook the sausage, you are breaking it up with a spoon to keep it from clumping together, when you add the other ingredients, the sausage incorporates into the dressing.

I hope you like this recipe, it's so easy and a time saver. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Yeo1402 Thank you for posting this recipe.  Welcome to the forums.  Hope you will enjoy being here and enjoy our friendly exchanges on all things kitchen  and recipe related.  Always good to see new people join in.

Regards,

aroc3435

New Contributor

Thanks.  I'm already enjoying it.