Honored Contributor

I had what I think is a brilliant idea.

I like to make this potato/onion/pepper thing for breakfast to have with fried eggs (and apple sauce) .... and always make enough for two days.  All it is is one large onion and one large potato, sliced/cut up - add salt / pepper / paprika and some olive oil and nuke for about 8 minutes.  Really delicious with eggs. 

Anyway ... today, I didn't have any peppers - so it's just potato and onion.  (Leftovers are in fridge.  I used a Vidalia onion this morning - really tasty!)

Thinking about what I'm going to eat later, I thought I'd add some either mayo or ranch dressing or a bit of both and see how my breakfast potatoes taste as potato salad.  I'll let you know!

Honored Contributor

Re: Experimental Potato Salad

It should work for potato salad. My dad used to make his with Italian salad dressing.

Respected Contributor

Re: Experimental Potato Salad

@ALRATIBA wrote:

I had what I think is a brilliant idea.

I like to make this potato/onion/pepper thing for breakfast to have with fried eggs (and apple sauce) .... and always make enough for two days.  All it is is one large onion and one large potato, sliced/cut up - add salt / pepper / paprika and some olive oil and nuke for about 8 minutes.  Really delicious with eggs. 

Anyway ... today, I didn't have any peppers - so it's just potato and onion.  (Leftovers are in fridge.  I used a Vidalia onion this morning - really tasty!)

Thinking about what I'm going to eat later, I thought I'd add some either mayo or ranch dressing or a bit of both and see how my breakfast potatoes taste as potato salad.  I'll let you know!

what about adding some sliced hard boiled eggs into the mix?