Honored Contributor

Re: Exactly How to Make Melting Potatoes, the Trend That’s Taking Over Pinterest

@Tique  - thank you for your suggestion -  I'm making them tonight!

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Respected Contributor

Re: Exactly How to Make Melting Potatoes, the Trend That’s Taking Over Pinterest

@Chi-town girl   These look/sound so good.  Do you know what the herb is that is in the pic?  The recipe doesn't call for an herb.  It looks like thyme, but I wonder if rosemary would work.  Thanks for posting Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Patriot3 wrote:

@Chi-town girl   These look/sound so good.  Do you know what the herb is that is in the pic?  The recipe doesn't call for an herb.  It looks like thyme, but I wonder if rosemary would work.  Thanks for posting Smiley Happy

@Patriot3  - yes, the herb in the OP photo is thyme.  It was probably added to make the photo look more appealing - like they do on Food tv or in restaurants - adding greens or herbs to a finished dish for eye appeal.

Thyme and rosemary are good compatible herbs for potatoes.  I think chopped chives would also be good with potatoes

I made this recipe for a dinner side dish last night - it was a rave hit. Thanks to @Tique  for the prep tip! 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Contributor

I made these tonight. Oh my they were delicious. Thank you to the poster that put up the receipe. I've always made these in the oven but never thought about adding the chicken broth. Will be making these again.

Super Contributor

Yummy this looks very good. I plan to try and thank you for the recipe. I havent heard of this before.

Honored Contributor

They look delicious but I'll wait until the weather cools before heating the oven to 500 degrees.

Honored Contributor

@Chi-town girl - I FINALLY made these tonight! They were outstanding! I also followed @Tique 's suggestion to soak the potatoes, but I missed the part about cutting them first! It didn't matter- they are a favorite now. There are none left! We had them with Key Lime Chicken, another recipe I tried for the first time and also a success! 

I didn't have an appropriate pan for 500 degrees, so I used my broiler pan. It was the perfect solution! 

Thanks again for sharing this with us!   Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

@Chi-town girl - I FINALLY made these tonight! They were outstanding! I also followed @Tique 's suggestion to soak the potatoes, but I missed the part about cutting them first! It didn't matter- they are a favorite now. There are none left! We had them with Key Lime Chicken, another recipe I tried for the first time and also a success! 

I didn't have an appropriate pan for 500 degrees, so I used my broiler pan. It was the perfect solution! 

Thanks again for sharing this with us!   Smiley Happy

@beach-mom  -  you're welcome! This recipe forum is a great resource. I too have found some excellent recipes here

Honored Contributor

I've made this recipe many times..family fav.

Great side for roasts, meatloaf, grilled steak, chicken, chops. Would be a good dish for Easter ham or your main course of choice.

Honored Contributor

thanks @Chi-town girl for the recipe

definitley will keep it in mind - looks delish