Honored Contributor

Everglade Seasoning - has anyone ever used this?

I have been looking up recipes this morning and one of them called for Everglade Seasoning.

Has anyone ever used this and if you have it, what types of spices are used for this blend?

Many thanks for any and all assistance . . . Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: Everglade Seasoning - has anyone ever used this?

@momtochloe

Hi mtc! Seems like I saw it at WM one time. I looked at the ingredients & it had all the regular ingredients that some of my other blends had: garlic, onion, salt etc. so I never bought it.

That's if my memory serves me correctly LOL!

Honored Contributor

@ChiliPepper wrote:

@momtochloe

Hi mtc! Seems like I saw it at WM one time. I looked at the ingredients & it had all the regular ingredients that some of my other blends had: garlic, onion, salt etc. so I never bought it.

That's if my memory serves me correctly LOL!

Thank you my friend @ChiliPepper!  I have combed the internet and couldn't find the ingredients (just blogs where people were complaining about ingredients that were included (like MSG) but couldn't find a complete list.  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Never heard of Everglade seasoning, but if the Everglade name refers to the Florida Everglades, perhaps it is a Creole or Louisiana-type seasoning.........dunno. 

I have used McCormick's Cajun Seasoning quite often in the past couple years.......it might be similar........ingredients on bottle say it contains  garlic, black pepper, cayenne pepper, oregano, chili pepper, sea salt, onion, paprika, red and green bell peppers.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@momtochloe

Yep, it was full of salt & msg (which I avoid because it gives me terrible headaches). 

It was pricey too I think. You know me, I'm cheap. I refuse to pay big bucks for a spice full of salt because salt is so inexpensive.

Honored Contributor

A quick Google search...it pops up in Amazon.

image.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

A quick Google search...it pops up in Amazon.

image.jpeg

Oh my goodness, thank you so much for this @sidsmom!  All of the searches I ran would only show the front of the container and not the ingredients . . . thank you again for this!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sidsmom

@momtochloe

Tricky - it says "spices" but doesn't say what spices.

Mmmmmmm............

I guess they don't want anyone copying their formula which is understandable I suppose.

Respected Contributor

Well, it also has papain, the enzyme from papaya, which acts as a meAt tenderizer....