Respected Contributor

Re: Ever have a dish you can't stop eating ?

@Mom2Dogs  wrote:

I never thought to cut up the veggies and keep in the fridge - do the veggies keep longer cut up than they do whole in the fridge?

My problelm is sometimes I add to much olive oil...I need to learn to have a lighter hand.

I keep them in a bowl with a lid on it and they stay good for several days, of course they don't last long because I cook them up pretty quickly

Respected Contributor

For me, it's Potato salad and Chili! Rarely make it because if it's in the house I'll eat it for breakfast, lunch and dinner! Just can never get enough! One other thing I love is Ambrosia! Dh and DS' hate it so I haven't  made it in years because I'll eat the whole bowl by myself! Ddil and granddaughters have never had it before so I intend to make some for Easter. Hoping they'll love it so I'll have an excuse to make it more often!😋

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Respected Contributor

@Goodie2shoes wrote:

@panda1234  wrote :  Good for you. How long did it take you to get off the meds? What other changes did you make? When you can find food you like I think that is the key. 

Well I had a wakeup call last year when I developed a staff infection in my right knee post a right knee replacement from 9/30/19 they removed the initial knee implant in June of 2020 then I ended up with a kidney problems, hospitalized for 7 days starting August 4 th which is the day they took me off the metformin. ( I posted about my knee ordeal) So I was really afraid to eat the bad stuff I had been eating prior to all of the medical problems. I was really  bad about my diet, ate whatever I wanted knowing I had the metformin to basically "cover me" So I had to make some changes and after the repeat knee replacement on 9/24/20 I really really focused on what I was eating. When I saw my PCP in Feb my A1C was down to 5.6 and I have lost about 15 lbs.  My BP is normal so I'm off all meds except for a cholesterol tab daily. I also take  multivitamin, extra vit C and vit D3. Now if I could only get the swelling down from the knee replacement !.

@Goodie2shoes   Wow you had a lot going on. You have turned things around with hard work....congratulations.

Esteemed Contributor

@nomar wrote:

I am in the ice cream camp and could live on ice cream, especially coffee ice cream. But, all these roasted veggie ideas have me copying all of the recipes and how you do them. I like the idea of slicing them up ahead of time for easy fixing.
---------------

Me too!!!  Coffee and second choice would be mint with chocolate chips!!  I don't buy ice cream because I will eat it all in one sitting!!