Respected Contributor

Ever have a dish you can't stop eating ?

I've been trying to eat more veggies so I came across a recipe for grilled veggies and now I can't stop eating them. Sooo Good ! Everynight for the last 3 or 4 months I make this dish for my dinner and because I am a type 2 diabetic it has brought my A1C down to 5.6 from a 1 time high of 6.4  I am no longer on Metformin or BP meds. I have had to make other changes in my diet but have you ever had a dish you can't stop eating? 

My recipe includes: 1 sliced onion, 1 green zuchinni sliced, 1 yellow zuchinni squash sliced, a carton of sliced mushrooms, a carton of grape tomatoes and a red pepper sliced. I mix them in a bowl, add garlic powder,  low salt, pepper, and toss them in olive oil. I keep them in a big bowl in my fridge

To cook, I put olive oil in a skillet, toss the amount of veggies I want to cook into the pan and I usually add a few slices of Turkey polish sausage, pan fry until the veggies are cooked and

then I enjoy !

Have a favorite you just can't stop eating ?

Honored Contributor

Re: Ever have a dish you can't stop eating ?

EDY'S/DREYER'S SLOW CHURNED Double Fudge Brownie Light Ice Cream 1.5 qt. Tub

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

ICECREAM.jpg

Respected Contributor

@Goodie2shoes   Good for you. How long did it take you to get off the meds? What other changes did you make? When you can find food you like I think that is the key. 

Esteemed Contributor

I also mix vegetables to eat but I roast mine.  EVOO, salt and garlic pepper.  Shake well to coat.  Roast at 400 for 20-30 mins...depending on how you like them.

I keep them in the fridge and munch like candy during the day!  Never get tired of them. 

I also do broccoli, cauliflower, carrots and okra!  Yum!

Valued Contributor

I love garlic hummus (the Trader Joe version) and I use jicima or sliced cucumbers as the dipping item. Love love.

Honored Contributor

OMG--for me that would be scalloped potatoes and ham----i could eat the whole thing---love them so much!!!

Honored Contributor

Mac and cheese

Respected Contributor

@panda1234  wrote :  Good for you. How long did it take you to get off the meds? What other changes did you make? When you can find food you like I think that is the key. 

Well I had a wakeup call last year when I developed a staff infection in my right knee post a right knee replacement from 9/30/19 they removed the initial knee implant in June of 2020 then I ended up with a kidney problems, hospitalized for 7 days starting August 4 th which is the day they took me off the metformin. ( I posted about my knee ordeal) So I was really afraid to eat the bad stuff I had been eating prior to all of the medical problems. I was really  bad about my diet, ate whatever I wanted knowing I had the metformin to basically "cover me" So I had to make some changes and after the repeat knee replacement on 9/24/20 I really really focused on what I was eating. When I saw my PCP in Feb my A1C was down to 5.6 and I have lost about 15 lbs.  My BP is normal so I'm off all meds except for a cholesterol tab daily. I also take  multivitamin, extra vit C and vit D3. Now if I could only get the swelling down from the knee replacement !.

Respected Contributor

@Desertdi @sarahpanda   OMG ... your two ice cream posts gave me the best laugh!