Honored Contributor

Thanks, I can relate to all of these.  Glad to hear I'm not the only one who is forgetful or crazy.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

Never did that (yet) but I can relate to not being able to locate a recipe I saw "somewhere" and spent hours over several days searching my million and one cookbooks for THE recipe!  I have also been guilty of buying ingredients to make a particular recipe and then being too lazy to do it!  Last but not least, I love it when I buy everything I think I need to make a recipe, then find out I'm out of one of my staples like baking powder or vanilla extract!  

Honored Contributor

Yep!  I have so many cookbooks and magazines I can't find the recipe!  

Honored Contributor

I have in the past but now with a smartphone, it does all the thinking for me.

If I find a recipe I like, I try to download it, or somehow copy it to my phone.

Or take a picture of the ingredients & instructions.

When I'm at the store, I have a ready made list and when I get home, I can find the recipe.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624

Funny you should ask.

I have a red bell pepper and a green bell pepper in my frig and can't match them to a recipe, so they will be our Sunday dinner, along with spiced chicken breast pieces, as I'll be making Chicken Fajitas.

Honored Contributor

Re: Ever Do This?

[ Edited ]

Welcome to my world.  Do you know how long it took me to get from the basement to upstairs to add 1 thing to my grocery list?  It was almost 2 wks. before I was able to remember that long enough to do it. LOL

I think some cells are AWOL.  

@Kachina624, I do copy the recipe and put it on the fridge, so I can remember what I was going to make with these newly bought ingredients.  Sounds good one moment, later not so much.  I have Almond flour, that I thought I'd use, when I crused around the Low carb idea.  I may never use it.  

Honored Contributor

I made a pork tenderloin on Sunday. I knew there'd be a lot left over, so I planned to make pork chow mein on Wednesday.... which I did.... and it was delicious.  When we finished eating, DH said, "Wasn't it supposed to have pork in it?"  I'd totally forgotten to add it.

~ house cat ~
Respected Contributor

Yes, I have a few times. Post it on the frig when you complete your shopping along with what you are going to prepare. That is how I try to keep it straight.

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Last week I did grocery shopping and dutifully purchased several ingredients for a special recipe I wanted to make. Now I'm sitting here with my food items and can't for the life of me remember what I'm supposed to make.

Oh my gosh, yes. And thanks to you and everyone who has posted, because I feel better about it now.

Respected Contributor

yup,some days I can't find my kitchen....