Trusted Contributor

Re: Enjoyed Corned Beef Sauce with Linguini........Delicious!

Meat from a can? YUCK. No thanks. Looks really unappetizing.

Respected Contributor

No it is not just you mtc......I believe this will take a bit to sort itself out, and then perhaps it will all make better sense.

Sweet dreams my friend, and hope they are filled with delicous foods you would love to have in the morningSmiley Happy.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi mtc,

I recall  I promised you a dessert last night so I am posting it now,  enjoy my friend!

Greek Custard Pie Recipe:

http://greekfood.about.com/od/cakes/r/Custard-Pie-Galatopita.htm

- Photo © Lynn Livanos Athan

Creamy semolina custard is baked until golden then bathed in sweet syrup. An easy custard pie that doesn’t require a pie crust, pie  shell or phyllo sheets.

mtc almost everything we have already in the kitchen with perhaps the exception of the seolina which I prefer to the alternative farina.

Mtc this dessert is elegant enoughfor special occassions and company, and for all the time serving just because it tastes so goodSmiley Happy.

I hope you try it sometime and give me a shout out, and  you also get raves when you make this and serve it.

It is a very well known loved Greek dessert, served here in Greek Restaurants, and Greek Festivals, as well as served all over in Greece.

Enjoy my friend!

Respected Contributor

Interestng use of canned corned beef- which is over $6 a can here these days...

Honored Contributor

Thank you all!  I did get both Sweet Potato recipes and can't wait to try them!  I thought I had an old bottle of tequilla in the basement...but the spiders musta drank it.  No worries...I can easily buy one!  There have been many recipes floating around for drinks....so I am sure I will use it!

Thanks also for posting the pics...I had never seen those cans before!  I am sure they must have them.

For starters...I am putting the sweet pot recipes to the top of the list!  Leaving on vac soon, but to the top of the pile they go.  I am out of honey, but have a big jar of Vermont Honey being delivered to me while on vacation.  Our friends own a Farmer's Market in Bellows Falls, VT and one of the brothers is a beekeeper.  Most delicious honey I have ever had!  YUM!

Thanks again!

Occasional Contributor

this sounds like a good pantry staple-or as we say in California-good earthquake supply material.

Can't wait to try it.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oh how wonderful to read your reply RespectLife.

You will really love all the recipes my friend.

My Corned Beef with Pasta recipe is so economical, That recipe feeds plenty of people so it really is a very economical food choice. 

That Corned Beef in sauce with linguini recipe seems to be a very popular recipe since it is listed on so many web sites on the net.

When a food recipe is something that is truly delicious, it is most certainly worth the cost.

Please let me know after you made the recipes how you liked them, and when you go on vacation RespectLife, I hope you have a wonderful safe fun time, and enjoy everything.

Now about your Vermont vacation we are planning to go again soon. We love Vermont, Maine, Rhode Island, Martha's Vineyard. Cape Cod, and all those great places to visit.

Looking forward to lobsta again also smothered in maple syrup...Got that from the Cape, and it was sweet and delicious. If ya never had it, try it on a piece of lobsta or any seafood. Adds a delicious maple tangy sweetness to the seafood RespecLife.

Catch ya later, and take good care.

P.S. RespectLife you can never have enough TequillaSmiley Happy.

Respected Contributor

Hi Palapala,

Yes it is a good pantry staple, and the recipe is delicious.

About California I agree, as I am well aware of tremors and potential quakes.

Many times we went to sleep, and woke up in bed, across the roomSmiley Happy.

Respected Contributor

@adoreqvc wrote:

Hi Palapala,

Yes it is a good pantry staple, and the recipe is delicious.

About California I agree, as I am well aware of tremors and potential quakes.

Many times we went to sleep, and woke up in bed, across the roomSmiley Happy.

Really? I have lived in California for 57 years, weathered the Sylmar Quake, Whittier Quake, Sierra Madre, Northridge and NEVR  once, woke up in my bed across the room..and you have had it happen many times? wow, what bad luck!