Esteemed Contributor

@mare54  I just made your recipe using shrimp I had in the freezer. We really liked it! I shredded a head of cabbage and added shredded carrot, sliced red pepper and onion. Thanks for posting! I love these Forums!

Valued Contributor

@PA Mom-mom  Glad you liked it. I'll have to try it with shrimp  

Respected Contributor

i use ground turkey, in mine.

Trusted Contributor

Do you cook the sausage 1st ? then drain and add the remaining ingredients ?

TIA 

Esteemed Contributor

@sktchy wrote:

Do you cook the sausage 1st ? then drain and add the remaining ingredients ?

TIA 

@sktchy 

I am making this tonight (Monday) and that's what I plan to do .. cook the sausage first and remove from pan, I'm adding onion, because I like them and cooking w/ the garlic, remove when cooked thru, then depending on how much fat from the sausage is left, remove that grease, add the sesame oil and throw in the cabbage/slaw and all other ingredients and add back the onions and sausage once the coleslaw is almost heated thru. I'm going to treat like a quick stir fry. Never made this before .. but it's how I treat other stir fry dishes that include meat.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Esteemed Contributor
So I made this tonight for the first time and I didn't execute the recipe very well.

Next time I make this I will cut recipe in half for a meal for two. I will use regular sausage vs the spicy sausage I used. The spicy sausage overpowered the sesame oil and ginger. And I will use cabbage I cut myself vs using coleslaw mix. The mix for me was too easy to overcook. I think if I cut cabbage in bigger pcs I will end up with cabbage that still has crunch.

My husband did say he would eat this again, so I didn't totally hose the meal. Thank you for the idea for this dish. I just need to do a better job of cooking. Smiley Happy
"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Valued Contributor

@sktchy I brown the sausage and then add the garlic and the rest of the ingredients. I do drain the sausage if needed. I add the green onions at the very end. But everyone is different.  That is how I make it. Done in about 15 minutes!! So easy.