Effortless 30-Minute Mushroom Vegetable Soup

Effortless 30-Minute Mushroom Vegetable Soup

Produce: about eight cups
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Prepare dinner Time: about twenty to 25 minutes
Total Time: about 25 to 30 minutes

Components:

two to 3 tablespoons olive oil
one medium sweet Vidalia or yellow onion, peeled and diced tiny ( I used a bunch of green onions)
3 garlic cloves, pressed or finely minced
eight cups (64 ounces) diminished sodium vegetable broth
about 12 ounces trimmed and thinly sliced fresh mushrooms (I applied four ounces ******ake and eight ounces toddler portobello)
two cups broccoli florets
one medium zucchini, diced into bite-sized pieces
one/four cup diminished sodium soy sauce
one teaspoon dried thyme
one teaspoon dried oregano
one teaspoon kosher salt, or to style
one teaspoon freshly floor black pepper, or to style
two or 3 bay leaves
one tablespoon rice wine vinegar, optional (brightens up the taste)
one tablespoon apple cider vinegar, optional (brightens up the taste)
one teaspoon granulated sugar, optional and to style (balances the acidity from the vinegars)

Instructions:
To a massive Dutch oven or stockpot, include the oil, onion, and sauté around medium-substantial heat for about 7 minutes, or until eventually onion begins to soften stir intermittently.
Add the garlic, stir to blend, and sauté for 1 minute, or until eventually aromatic.
Add the broth, mushrooms, broccoli, zucchini, soy sauce, thyme, oregano, salt, pepper, bay leaves, bring to a boil, and allow for it to boil for about 10 to 15 minutes or until eventually mushrooms and greens have softened.

I copy/pasted this.

I generally don't care for mushrooms and did not expect to like this soup, but it was delicious! I pretty much stuck with the original recipe.

Still Tabbycat ~~ Less is More ~~
Trusted Contributor

Re: Effortless 30-Minute Mushroom Vegetable Soup

This sounds delicious!  I mainly eat soup for dinner for most of the winter months and am always looking for something new to try, especially something with lots of veggies.

Looks like this will be next week's dinner.  Thanks for posting.

Honored Contributor

That looks delicious!  Celery and snow peas would also go good in that.

Super Contributor

@lkat... We eat a lot of soups too, and it's been a COLD winter here in Carolina. Hope you enjoy it.

I sprinkled a little fresh parm cheese at serving. So yummy!

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

wrote:

That looks delicious!  Celery and snow peas would also go good in that.

Oh yes, yes, I agree @ECBG!! I think you could use any number of different veggies in this one.

Trusted Contributor

@Tabbycat I hear you about the cold.  I'm up in MA and it's been a very cold winter for most of the time.  Besides getting to wear boots every day my next favorite part of winter is eating soup every week!

I will definitely grate some parm on it, thanks for the recommendation.

Honored Contributor

Sounds delicious and I plan on giving it a try soon!

Thanks for the recipe! Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I’m anxious to try this! Love soup, any time of the year. Thank you! 😋

Trusted Contributor

I made this soup this week and it's really tasty.  I followed the recipe as is except used mostly ******ake mushrooms as I find them tastier.  I think you could definitely substitute/add other veggies and it would be great.  I think next time I'll add some bok choy instead of broccoli as I prefer that in soup.  I also like more broth so I added extra.  It's not really filling as a main course, but it's very good and flavorful.

Thank you @Tabbycat for the recipe.  It will definitely remain in my soup rotation!

Super Contributor

wrote:

I made this soup this week and it's really tasty.  I followed the recipe as is except used mostly ******ake mushrooms as I find them tastier.  I think you could definitely substitute/add other veggies and it would be great.  I think next time I'll add some bok choy instead of broccoli as I prefer that in soup.  I also like more broth so I added extra.  It's not really filling as a main course, but it's very good and flavorful.

Thank you @Tabbycat for the recipe.  It will definitely remain in my soup rotation!

Hi Ikat ... I made another pot too.  Cat Happy  Added extra mushrooms and extra broth also some celery, carrots and red pepper strips...even a couple of sliced radishes and some ginger bits. The shi!ake are sometimes hard to find around here but I snagged one package that were fresh and an extra pkg. baby bella. Something from the cabbage family sounds real good! I'm glad you liked it, too.

I agree it's not very filling so I have to add a green salad with extra stuff I have on hand, like nuts and pumpkin seeds, dried cranberries with my own vinegerette for a complete meal.

Stay warm up there!!   tabby