Honored Contributor

Re: Easy appetizer suggestions please & drinks!

@mustang66lady 

Thank you!  Yes we had a great time & although I did make a nice pitcher (and extra) of Sangria that went fast!  My friends brought a cooler full of mixed beers as a "ty" for hosting!  So my concerns were "just nervous hostess moments"!

I did all kinds of appetizers and sliders -- all was gone! They were a real hit and I was surprised -- again, no main course or sides!

My friend brought a great apple caramel dessert it was tarts & I did the ice cream cake.

It was a nice breezy 80 degrees and we enjoyed sitting on the lanai.

Everyone had such a great time that we're hosting another but everyone is going to bring their fav appetizer.  Mine is going to be my favorite one : cheesy sausage balls w/sweet n sour sauce for dipping!

I took this pic after party started -- hot appetizers were on another table (no nice pic)

3082A510-0F27-4022-BF5B-3BF78AD59FAD.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1  the food table looked nice!  Sounds like you all had a nice time!  I did spy rollups on the table...I tried my hand at a recipe from Pioneer Woman....rollups with  meat and veggies along with the 'dressing'.  Anyway, I had a lot of trouble wrapping the tortilla's tight.  After wrapping the recipe called to roll them in saran warp for a few hours, which I did and it helped but....I am glad I only made them for me and my husband!  Is there a trick to getting them to roll tight?

The photo on Pioneer Woman's website looked so pretty, the veggies were red an green pepper, and looked to pretty when cut...mine were not so pretty!

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs 

They were 2 kinds:

Muffuletta roll-ups and Salsa & cream cheese (made a mixture to spread) roll ups.

I bought 10" soft tortillas.  I only put the spread to about 1/4" of edge (salsa ones) and rolled folding 1st fold in as "pocket".  I then wrapped tightly in Press N Seal.

The muffuletta ones were tricky since they had meats & cheese.

I used the same method.

I will say I cut them starting about 1/2" off ends because that's where they were rolled best. (ends weren't really filled).

Hope this helps!  They were the perfect bite size pieces.

homedecor1

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 ...thanks for the tips.

Esteemed Contributor

@homedecor1 

I'm so happy your get together went so well!  I don't think most folks mind contributing their "drink" to the pot.  So long as they have access to what they like, they have no idea what they may like.   It is a good way to spread your wings.   I have had many folk who thought they didn't like something only to find a different brand or mixer changed their minds.   Alcohol is expensive and having  a variety is for the liquor stores.  Do what you like and let everyone bring their own.  New surprises lurk when you do!